MapMyFitness App

Options
I used this app on my iPhone for the first time today. I walked into town in my lunch hour. It recorded that I walked 217 paces per minute, walking for 38.57 minutes and that I earned 126 calories.

However, if I type in my exercise on here, 38 minutes at a slow pace, it gives me 97 calories. There is quite a discrepancy on different sites and apps. Am going to stick with the 97 calories, just in case though.

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP app on my iphone, where in the app do you turn it on to automatically record your exercise??

I have to type it in both on the app and the website.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    When you go into the app click on 'RECORD'. Then set whatever activity it is and then click on 'START'. You can then 'pause or stop'. Hope I've explained this well enough :wink:
  • supplemama
    Options
    Where is RECORD at?
  • supplemama
    Options
    You're talking about the MyFitnessPal App, right?

It's not on the Home screen

It's not on My Diary

It's not under Progress

It's not on Friends

It's not under More

I would LOVE to use the feature, but I can't find it! When I go to My Diary to input an exercise, all I have is the Add button. Where is Record at? thanks in advance :smile:
  • supplemama
    Options
    Oooooops never mind, I just realized that you're using the MAP MY FITNESS App, not MY FITNESS PAL App. I am a moron!!!! :laugh:
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Lol :laugh: no problem.
  • nicola1141
    nicola1141 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Excellent, I need something like this.