Extra skin?

Options
I have had three children. Since having my last, I've lost (and gained back a bit) 50 lbs. I have loose skin on my stomach. What do I do to get rid of it? I've done situps, but don't keep up regularly(obvious answer probably). I do walk/run(though since paperwork season, I have fallen behind). I can't stand looking at it anymore. I can see my ribs at times, but have this gross skin hanging. Any ideas? Thank you. =)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    You might not be able to reverse it now but you should be able to lessen it a little. Slather on cocoa butter RELIGIOUSLY as well as doing some toning exercises for the area effected (I'm assuming your stomach - so lots of ab exercises). I also know a woman who has a lot of excess skin and said Pilates helped her a bit because it tightens and tones you.
  • NoDayButToday
    Options
    Thanks so much!! I was told cocoa butter didn't do anything. I'll definitely try it. I need to get back into doing the toning things.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Search the topic in the threads and you should find a bunch of answers on several topics already posted. A few people said cocoa butter was working for them, I think. :)
  • AlabamaFan
    AlabamaFan Posts: 16
    Options
    My daughter had this problem after my grandson was born... a friend of mine suggested pilates and she tried it. She's now back in her bikini and looks fabulous!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but extra skin is very hard to get rid of. The best thing to do for excess skin is to build muscle, otherwise....surgery.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I read that coconut butter also can help with skin elasticity. Not sure if that's true.

I've had two kids. my stomach does have a little loose skin but only noticeable when I push it all together or when I'm sitting in a bikini. Running has helped a ton! Cardio, weight and strength training help! You want to lose fat and build muscle all over and strengthen your core.

http://www.bodyfatguide.com/LooseSkin.htm
    This is a good article. I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but it does help explain it.