Eating Sawdust

2»

Replies

• Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Do you mean protein bars? Cause they may as well be made out of sawdust for all my tastebuds think.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I think sometimes there's wood pulp in fibrous bread.
    This is actually true. A number of years ago, there was one bread company that got busted for adding sawdust to the bread and not listing it on the list of ingredients. It is still commonly used in bread (not just high fiber bread either). Also, it is used in a number of other products. Look for cellulose as an ingredient. Check in reduced-fat and high-fiber products, and you will likely find it. Wheat Thins Fiber Selects, Aunt Jemima products, Eggos, Cinnabon Bars, Morningstar Buffalo Wings, Weight Watcher's Ice Cream treats, Betty Crocker frostings, McDonald's Filet-o-fish and ice cream, Jimmy Dean breakfast entrees, Just about everything from Taco bell... I could go on.

SO, sawdust... It's not just for WWII German POW camp prisoners anymore.
  • pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    My dog eats bark right off of trees. She has even eaten my wooden gate... and she is pretty skinny. Now I know her secret!!!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Quit spreading this bullcr*p. Everything's fine as long as it fits your macros.

But Dr. Oz told me that arsenic is ONE OF THE FOODS YOU SHOULD NEVER EAT!!! People accuse me of orthorexia!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    I have been making my own sawdust at home to make sure it's clean. You should only create sawdust with primal tools also, so it can be Paleo
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Quit spreading this bullcr*p. Everything's fine as long as it fits your macros.

But Dr. Oz told me that arsenic is ONE OF THE FOODS YOU SHOULD NEVER EAT!!!

Dr Oz is right. Do you think bodybuilders get that way eating any old sawdust "as long as it fits their macros"?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Here is a great recipe

1/2 cup food grade wood pulp (cellulose)
    2 oz Castoreum

Mix together into fun treats.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,901 Member
    You guys are doing it wrong. You're not supposed to eat it. You're supposed to sprinkle it over yourself and recite "Faunus please lighten mine body". I swear I lost 10lbs doing this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Here is a great recipe

1/2 cup food grade wood pulp (cellulose)
    2 oz Castoreum

Mix together into fun treats.

Just so we're clear here, you're advocating mixing beaver extract and wood . . .
  • BurtHuttz
    I have been making my own sawdust at home to make sure it's clean. You should only create sawdust with primal tools also, so it can be Paleo

Using my uniface takes a little extra time but I know that the results are more healthy.

the-uniface.jpg
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    This is actually true. A number of years ago, there was one bread company that got busted for adding sawdust to the bread and not listing it on the list of ingredients. It is still commonly used in bread (not just high fiber bread either). Also, it is used in a number of other products. Look for cellulose as an ingredient. Check in reduced-fat and high-fiber products, and you will likely find it. Wheat Thins Fiber Selects, Aunt Jemima products, Eggos, Cinnabon Bars, Morningstar Buffalo Wings, Weight Watcher's Ice Cream treats, Betty Crocker frostings, McDonald's Filet-o-fish and ice cream, Jimmy Dean breakfast entrees, Just about everything from Taco bell... I could go on.

Don't forget all fruits, vegetables and nuts.

Cellulose is plant cell walls.
  • BurtHuttz
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-2516-1366748952-1.gif
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    I enjoy eating wood occasionally.....

Oh wait...

lmao!! Me too! oops :embarassed: