Does anybody else meditate?

Options
EmCeeKayla
EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
I always find myself meditating during the day in an attempt to relieve stress. I was wondering if anybody else does the same? If so, what kind of stuff do you guys do? :)

I used to turn off the lights, light candles and incense, and put on calming music, but now that I have a pet mouse I have to be careful not to light scented things in that room.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm a level 2 reiki practitioner, now saying that, i hardly meditate. Sucks I know, and I've learned the awesome benefits of deep meditation and relaxation therapy. Good for you...keep it up, I'm going to send a friend request so you can remind me to take half an hour out of my day to regroup
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    No joke, but my meditation time is on the toilet. I won't digress, but it's my most peaceful time of the day.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    the only peace i get is in my car on the way to work or when i take a shower.... i really needs some tips.... i dont know where to start.. and when i do try too... my mind is all over the place... how do i calm my mind? or am i suppose too? i have no clue lol
  • EmCeeKayla
    EmCeeKayla Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I honestly think one of the biggest things that's helped me is to concentrate on my breathing- like not control it, but to just pay attention to it.

Also, it helps if you like set apart like a time of the day (like even 20 or 30 minutes) to meditate. It's sometimes hard with a busy schedule to find time, but it's many a time to just relax and relax your mind and not think about all your problems or stress. That's why the breathing is important, because if ANYTHING, you're more focused on your breathing and don't really think about your stress.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my reiki master told me to visualize. he "saw" the spot where I was perfectly intuned with nature. About a year ago I went fishing with some friends, it was the perfect little watering hole. When I think about it, I can almost smell the air, hear the dragon flies, feel the fish nibbling on the end of my line. I can feel the warmth of the August sun, see the incredible colours of nature. That's what you do when you meditate. You visualize the most perfect spot to sit and relax. And just focus on all the senses. I also visualize that I'm sitting in a beautiful piece of grass, with my face to the sun. I will myself to feel the warmth on my face, and the yellow light filling my body like water, starting at the head. And don't forget to breath. You can also download or buy guided meditation CD's, I find that helps to visualize too