Favorite Fitness DVDs?

Options
Sunsh1ne
Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
I'm home for the summer, my good gym is far away back at school - what are your favorite fitness DVDs? I'm running three days a week but I want something fun to supplement that with. (Right now I'm pulling my parents along while I look at gyms in the area, but I'm loose until we find one. My dad needs to loose about sixty pounds)

Replies

• catrinav2005
    Options
    15 Minute Workout for Dummies is awesome. There are four different exercises, one for abs, butt, thighs and arms, each is 15 minutes and that includes a warm up. If you did 2 a day a couple times per week you'll be good to go! I hate workign out so it's a nice DVD to follow if you don't have a ton of time (or want to spend a lot of time sweating lol)
  • mrsdouglas1
    mrsdouglas1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I alternate all these DVD, I have ALL the Biggest Loser DVD's, I have some Old school Gilad bodies in motion DVD's, I have Hip Hop ABS and I have TAE BO :)
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Love TaeBo! I have a ton of videos, but I always go back to my 2 TaeBo ones (either the very original one - on VHS still :laugh: , or my new Ultimate TaeBo).

I also like this "boot camp" video by Crunch, it's old, it's cheesy, but it's pretty basic and you can memorize the routines after 2 or 3 times in - I like low "thought" workouts sometimes. :bigsmile:
  • paulreese
    paulreese Posts: 10
    Options
    As an Idependant beachbody coach my favorites are the ones from beachbody as to which one would be best for you it depends on the type of workout you like to do. Do you prefer dancing, martial arts, a combination, weight lifting if you would like information on the many workouts and support provided by beachbody message me.:happy:
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I really like TAE-BO, and I also DVR a few shows off of the Fitness Network. (I really like Namaste Yoga to cool down after a run.)
  • cullensbrunette
    Options
    Any Denise Austin dvd, Leslie Sansone Walk At Home workouts, Tae Bo..all good choices!
  • jenmonkee
    jenmonkee Posts: 57
    Options
    I am starting Insanity next week. I can't wait!! I really want to step it up this summer and I have heard AMAZING things about it! I will post updates after I start!
    Jen
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My favs are Turbo Jam, Hip hop party, 10 minuted solutions 3 dancing/2 strength all ten minutes each and the biggest loser cardio max.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love Debbie Siebers' Slim Series.
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jillian Michaels' Yoga Meltdown. Did I mention that I love it? :laugh:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The Power 90 DVD's are great. Really good workout. Power 90 is the precursor to P90X. I also have Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred. Another really fun one is the Zumba DVD's.
  • gdivant
    gdivant Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam - its dancy & has catchy music. I dig that kinda of stuff. I also like JM's 30 Day Shred - its like the opposite of Turbo Jam, but I feel like I'm getting a ton accomplished in a very short amount of time. Good luck this summer!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    The 30 Day Shred is great if you're short on time and want an intense workout for the 25 minutes you put it. It also works best when done daily. If you just want to do a video a few times a week, I definitely suggest the Zumba DVDS. They run about 45 minutes and give you a good workout.
  • elizabennett
    Options
    We like Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and also her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, along with Shred. So hard, but such great workouts. They rock!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    since you're already running, I'd do some sort of strength training on the other days. I really like Jillian's No More Trouble Zones for that! I also like her Blast Fat Boost metabolism. Just starting the Insanity workouts, but not doing them like i should because I take days off for my running :)
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My rotation includes:
    I cant wait for ChaLean Extreme. The BF just bought this for me as an early B-day gift.

30 Day Shred (love it!)
    10 Minute Solutions (Arms, Thighs, Buns, Abs, Power Stretch)
    Winsor Pilates (all of them) Butt and Thigh are my favorite. I do this every day now after the shred.
    Biggest Loser Jump Start (havent done this one I need one more type of band to go with it)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    We like Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones and also her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, along with Shred. So hard, but such great workouts. They rock!
    Ditto - also love her yoga meltdown. I alternated between these before starting P90X. After P90X: Insanity!!