The worst meal I ever had was...

Options

Replies

• Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    A lot of things at Panera Bread...sometimes good soemtimes disaster.
  • perfekta
    perfekta Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Anything cooked by my mom. She overcooks veggies, and under-cooks meat. Plus doesn't use seasonings.
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Once when we wre on holiday we walked past a resteraunt owned and run by this little old man. He was sitting on the porch waiting for some customers because it was completely empty. We felt sorry for him so we went in.

He was very happy to have us in set us up with a table, took our order... and then we watched as he pulled the meals out his chest freezer already on plates and wrapped in clingfilm. and then, cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth, he microwaved them. one at a time.

The mousakka was cold and tasteless, the salad was cabbage with mayonaise in, the bread was stale, the wine was sour and everything smelt vaguely of *kitten* ash.

..But we were way too British to say anything about it so we ate our food, paid, left, and had a good laugh about it back at the hotel.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fried unicorn bacon.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I should also add that I'm in the military so I've been subjected to all manner of DFAC food both overseas and CONUS, MREs and everything in between.

Powdered 'eggs' heated up in an MRE? No.

Ever had American 'comfort food' cooked up my contract workers from Kurdistan while in Afghanistan or Iraq? Not awesome.

Mystery meat of all sizes, shapes and colors... usually coated in some sort of sauce.

Salmon, crab legs and other seafood frozen and shipped in via convoy from God knows where. I advise you stay away from the lobster on holidays. More people than I can count have suffered Montezuma's revenge after consuming the food on "surf and turf" nights, and if there is one place you don't want to be sick it's in a deployed environment.

STILL - The sweet potato tots were somehow worse.

Yup the mystery meat in Afghanistan DFAC....WTF was in that LOL!
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    The worst mea l ever had was jellyfish.. I don't even know what the rest of the meal was.. I didn't want to find out.
  • sharon_moyer
    Options
    The worst meal for me was the day my mom made liver with tomato sauce in the oven. I'm sorry but tomato sauce is for any type of noodle NOT for liver! I would've rather had onions with that liver any day! It was a long while before i could ever eat liver again and now when I make it if I'm going to cook anything in the oven with the liver you better believe that it's going to be onions.
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    "When I was in basic training they gave me an MRE that was called the Omelet with ham. I say that is what it was called because I swear the thing must have been expired. The thing that was in that package was nothing close to an omelet with ham. It was some sort of disgusting thing that was not understood by science yet."

It probably wasnt expired...I have also had the pleasure to experience the pink sponge you are talking about. Thankfully I had a choice and didnt eat it.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Flan. :S I know some of you may like it but the texture just makes me want to puke.
  • pwicke
    pwicke Posts: 29
    Options
    tongue lunchmeat. Its just not good!
  • Madmen4
    Madmen4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Now understand that I can eat almost anything, and have. EXCEPT for (and I'm not sure of the spelling) Hassenfeffer.. translated to "sour rabbit". I grew up in an American with German roots midwestern family, and my grandma used to whip this up once a year in the dead of winter. All of the extended family would gather at her house and just swoon over this "delicacy" My Dad used to sit me down before we went and threaten to beat the s**t out of me if I refused to eat it and hurt my Grandma's feelings. When you walked in her house, the smell reminded me of when some kid threw up in grade school and the janitors tossed that stuff over it to make it easier to clean up. DISGUSTING! I would choke down a little at "the big table" and then eat all of the side dishes in sight just to fill up. If Hassenfeffer is not banned by the Geneva Convention, it damned well should be.

And oh, BTW I loved the McRib when I still could eat it. I used to eat 2 and fries and a...Diet Coke at a sitting.
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Ketchup Chips.

I haven't even had them yet, but I am pretty sure they are going to be terrible.

ummmm i like em LOL

I love ketchup chips! In Colombia they sell personal bags of potato chips with a bag of ketchup with it :) They also made ketchup chips and hamburger flavored chips which were my favorite
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Iguana food swimming in raspberry vinaigrette with tomatoes and radishes.
    I don't know what the Iguana food was, some sort of green or lettuce that must have been half rotten...so slimy.
    "Desiree I made this salad especially for you. ESPECIALLY FOR YOU, " said my cousin's grandpa, setting the bowl down in front of me.

Could have been worse, could have been the iguana. A friend of mine did missionary work in Central America. Iguana was what was for dinner. Boiled, with skin on. He said it had the texture of chicken but the flavor of rotten fish. He wasn't a fan.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    many many many many years ago my husband went hunting and came home w/a pheasant...I was barely in my 20's and didn't have a clue...thought it looked like chicken so I shake n baked it.....not the best choice, it was like eating toothpicks. we ordered pizza that nite...and he never went hunting again (turns out he only wounded the animal and couldn't bring himself to kill it, someone else in the group had to do that...)

Omg this brought tears to my eyes...shake n bake...:laugh:

brought tears to our eyes too...when the meat cut holes in the roof of our mouths :laugh:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My dad used to make something he called "*kitten* on a Shingle."

Toast smothered in ground beef fried in a pan with flour and you don't drain the fat.

NASTY!

Real SOS is actually pretty good.... but it's made with chipped beef, which is a salted beef. My mom made it a lot because Dad liked it from when he was in the service. It was a good, cheap dinner.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, the worst meal I ever had was one I made myself. I had this strawberry balsamic something-or-other that I used as a marinade on a pork loin and it was wonderful :love: . A week later I attempted the same thing but with chicken :huh: It was atrocious!! :sick: I begged my partner not to eat it because I KNEW it tasted badly and I was certainly not going to finish mine, but in her attempt to make me feel better, she ate it anyway. All of it. The poor dear.
  • Julettashane
    Julettashane Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I went to Applebee's and order a salad (the one with strawberries and blueberries) and it came with a side of short and curlies. Didn't see them until almost done. I threw up immediately.

Ordered Papa John's pizza. I was so hungry when it finally came, I saw a brown spot on it and thought it was burnt cheese (which I love) and took a huge bite right at the brown spot. It was an Andies mint chocolate. Needless to say haven't eaten there again.

Went to Checkers ordered a burger. It was frozen in the middle. I'll eat there but won't touch their burgers.

Worst made by a family member: My dad called it sh** on a shingle and said it was made in the army. It was ground beef with corn starch and onions on a piece of bread.

lol i make the sh** on shingles except i use chipped beef and my gravy i make it like i do for biscuits its so good i like it
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I once tried baking eggs in the dint in the Avocado that the stone came out of. Wasn't the worst meal, but was really bland and a horrible texture. Don't try it.
  • mozzart89
    mozzart89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It was a gyro in a town in a country I won't name... Afterwards, whenever I passed by the place where I bought it - I would swear quite nasty at them (of course, in a way that nobody hears it, but I had to say what I meant about their food)...
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    my moms cauliflower with mayo and mustard topped with cheese and baked. EWWWWWW

Are you my kid? LOL I've made that, it's called "frosted cauliflower" and yum, I love it!