Thighs!!

Options
13»

Replies

• nytius
    nytius Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bump! Once this fat comes off, I'll have some smoking hot muscular thighs to show! Keep em comin.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Nice thighs everyone! I've been working on mine, but have a little more firming up to do. Now my problem is the sag just above my knees. Any thoughts on how to firm that up?

Unfortunately, you cannot spot reduce. The main thing is to reduce fat all over, and that area will diminish, or get firmer. I had the same issue and it has gone away as time has gone on while I recomp my body.
    I wish more people realized that there is no such thing as spot reduction.

I have actually had people argue "But my arms got so thin quick" yes I am sure they did, and sometimes your boobs go, and sometimes you get an itty bitty waist and still have fatty thighs, does that mean you spot reduced? No, it's just where the fat stores come off first. :noway:
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify my question, I know that there's no such thing as spot reduction, but what exercises will help firm up the area underneath the 'sag'. I run and do lots of squats and lunges and am wondering if there are any other suggestions. My legs have always been muscular, but now that I'm 50 gravity has taken a toll! Not being able to exercise for several months due to a heart issue didn't help either.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify my question, I know that there's no such thing as spot reduction, but what exercises will help firm up the area underneath the 'sag'. I run and do lots of squats and lunges and am wondering if there are any other suggestions. My legs have always been muscular, but now that I'm 50 gravity has taken a toll! Not being able to exercise for several months due to a heart issue didn't help either.

For myself, lifting weights has helped more than anything else. I started with Stronglifts, where I learned how to squat correctly and learned to love doing deadlifts. I have since moved on to some more advanced weightlifting methods. I do not do any cardio, except my 3-4 minute warm up before I hit the weights. To get a firmer body, nothing works better than lifting some actual weights, from what I have observed. Many people may lose the fat doing cardio but find things are not as firm as they had hoped.

As far as food goes, I eat at a very small deficit from my TDEE, in fact, I keep it around my TDEE and even higher because I do not like stalling out so much on my lifts from eating under. If you are unsure what these numbers are for you, head on over here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/963088-level-obstacles-lose-weight-target-fat-easy
  • CCNYE63
    CCNYE63 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ZoeLifts, Thanks for all the input! Because of my heart, I have to do cardio everyday but I think I should meet with a trainer a couple of times to get the right mix of cardio and strength. I'm really just trying to maintain right now so I eat my 1600 plus my exercise calories. I'm usually over on protein and under on carbs and fats, so I may need to make some changes there. Thanks again, and great job!
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    First beautiful thighs and now beautiful booties!

180712d1327375956-sway-bars-this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amaz-jpg

In for chicken recipes.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Thanks, furluck! That pic is going into my file :devil:
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks, furluck! That pic is going into my file :devil:

No, thank YOU!
  • jmc0806