Not losing!

Options
2»

Replies

• silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    first of all, congratulations on 7lbs in a month! that's something to celebrate :) i do mean that sincerely.

but let's put it this way. you lost 7# in one month. i've lost 10# in one year. you're expecting results overnight, it seems. this lifestyle takes patience. it's testing mine, by the way...hahaha. i can't seem to ditch the 150s. but i keep plugging at it, with strength training, cardio, and moderately decent nutrition (trying to get better on that).

be patient. drink lots of water. and rest! because your body will be grateful.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    Honestly, sounds like you're overtraining. Cut one of the programs out and follow the other one's protocols. Get 1 oz water per body weight in lbs. Sleep right, and stop weighing yourself for a while. Stress causes cortisol, cortisol causes you to retain and create fat.
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Two programmes a day... are you even resting? Rest days are just as important as workout days. You have to let your body recover and repair.

Also, you might not be eating enough to cover it all. Looking at your diary it says your calorie goal after exercise is 2000 but you ate less than 1400... maybe try upping the calories for a couple of weeks? (this may make for an initial gain - do not revert as soon as you see this! Your body doesn't know it's only had a week to catch up, give it time)

Good luck.

p.s.. 7lbs in a month is more than I'm getting right now, be happy!
  • SaffSaad
    SaffSaad Posts: 81
    Options
    First of all congratulations on you 7lbs loss. Now here is the thing you're working out too much and not eating enough. Just focus on one program and if you read the diet plan that comes with P90X it will tell you how much calories you need and looking at your diary I can see that your not eating enough.
  • jennidayschell
    Options
    Thanks for all the advise (and laughs). I have been doing some research and I do believe you all are correct in that I'm not resting and over-doing it. I will quit my griping, slow it down, and be patient. :-p