Can't eat rich food anymore!

Options
I've been using MFP since June 2012. In my house, I do the cooking - so everyone eats what I cook. So, in essence, everyone in the house has been on a diet the last year. Last night, we went to a local seafood place. Normally, I would eat the fish and chips (fried white fish and french fries) but since I am watching what I eat, I ordered broiled fish instead. My husband decided to treat himself and ordered fried calamari, fried oysters, fried frog legs, and frech fries (I have to admit, his plate did not look very appetizing to me!). Poor guy was up sick last night! I think the food was just too darned heavy for him. I told him that I've had him on a diet for the last year and he just can't handle the rich stuff anymore!

Replies

• beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Haha. That's too funny.
    I'm sure if he had ordered ONE fried thing he would have been fine!! No more fried food splurging it seems!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    It's true. Once you adjust it makes you feel pretty awful eating that kind of stuff again! Is a good thing really! I'm greatful for it!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it "rich" food, but food packed with a lotta junk. Awesome how you and the family are eating RICH FOOD together since last year!!! :)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Yeah...my husband says I ruined him for grease lol!
  • pestopoli
    pestopoli Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Haha, poor guy - that's great though! Way to whip your house into shape!
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that myself; but for me it's sweets. If we have a birthday celebration at work, or a family celebration and I overindulge in pies or cakes, I pay for it shortly. I wondered if it was a coincidence, but maybe not. :sick:
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    LOL...or maybe food poisoning?

Although, I must admit this happens to me if I go out and order a steak. I eat steak so rarely that a good steak with plenty of marbling will guarantee me an upset tummy for the rest of the night. Sometimes it's worth it. Other times, not so much. Depends on the steak and how much I really wanted it.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't think it was food poisoning because we ate around 8pm and he didn't get sick until around 4:30 this morning. Usually food poisoning is sudden. Poor guy!
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that myself; but for me it's sweets. If we have a birthday celebration at work, or a family celebration and I overindulge in pies or cakes, I pay for it shortly. I wondered if it was a coincidence, but maybe not. :sick:

I've had a similar thing happen. Since I don't eat sweets very often (the sweetest thing I eat is fruit), when I do eat something sweet it tastes over-the-top sweet to me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Same here. I haven't dared eating anything fried in 3 months, and I think I'm pretty much done with them. I know I'd get sick! It's good motivation really, knowing you'll get sick if you eat something...
  • kbrhelker23
    Options
    our family has noticed the same thing!! we've been eating healthier only going on 3 months, but withint he first month eating brats made us sick, a recent discovery: weve been using REAL cheese not the processed stuff ... my husband made a grilled cheese with kraft singles and couldnt even finish it, i tried it too and it was SO SO SO salty it almost burned our mouths it felt like... kinda cool, considering we used to LIVE off grilled cheese for a long time