Cleanse/Detox Ideas To Help Get Me Started

Options
Hi guys--

I am currently planning a detoxing type cleanse to hopefully do soon and help my body be ready for my new healthy lifestyle. Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to stay as natural as possible. I don't really like a lot of supplements, so I would prefer actual, natural detoxing/cleasing foods. The only supplements I take currently are calcium chews and an acai supplement. I would also like any suggestions for keeping healthy and regular bowel systems.

Thank you! :)

-Lisa

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Lots of veg, lots of water. Keep it simple. Shop the perimeter of the store for whole foods. Aim for a protein and lots of vegetables at every meal. Eat your grains whole.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is a myth based on pseudoscience and new age quackery.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I think the best "cleanse" is eliminating processed food. It basically eliminates all junk food. Take a month, and just eat fruits, veggies, meat, beans, etc and when you feel like you've made a substantial change in habits, then think about if you want to add things back in.

I went from feeling slow, and sluggish to wonderful and full of life.

There are a ton of nay-sayers, and I don't particularly care about the science behind it. I feel better eating and apple instead of a 100 calorie pack. My digestion has improved ten fold and my skin looks amazing.

I also think that there is value in juicing when first starting, but I don't think juice fasts are benefital. Having a jam packed veggie juice (not talking about v8) in the morning to kick start your day is a greta way to get started.