Polar ft4 or ft7 womens heart rate monitors

Options
Hi.

Just wondering if u can help with this confusion. I want a womens polar hrm and when I search for it it seems there are womens and men's.

I understand that whatever model u choose u can select man or woman in the settings but I really don't want to have a men's one.

I am as of yet undecided between the ft4 and ft7 so if u have either of these and can share ur preference or experience that would be fab!!

How did u go about buying ur polar hrm and how did u determine if its for women or men?

Really appreciate ur help guys!

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The main difference is the colors and possibly the wrist size. The hardware is the same for either one. Some of the women's devices have flowers on them or some nonsense like that. I was actually going to buy a FT4 but the only one they had in the store was this blueish one with flowers so I got the Red/Black FT7. Personally I don't see another compelling reason to spend more on the FT7. The heart rate zone thing on it is a joke and the only real advantage is has is that it stores more workouts than the FT4.

I actually use the Polar Wearlink + Bluetooth all the time. My FT7 just sits in my drawer and feels lonely and forsaken.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and loved it when I did use it. I no longer track the calories I burn because I use the TDEE method, but it worked for well for when I was using it.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    When I was deciding on mine, I did the comparison on Polar's website between the two (and one other) to see which was best for the workouts I do. I ultimately bought the FT7.