Is it worth it....

Options
Hmmmmm wife wants me to take leave tomorow (if i can ) to finish looking for a truck...idk if i should just keep going after getting off work or if i should take the day off....what do yall think?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Is looking for a truck actually "looking for a truck"?
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question.
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    Spend the evenings looking for a truck. Those dealerships stay open late so you can do that. Save that vacation day and drive the new truck to the river for a little fishing :)
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm wife wants me to take leave tomorow (if i can ) to finish looking for a truck...idk if i should just keep going after getting off work or if i should take the day off....what do yall think?

I think you should get your *kitten* off MFP, look for a truck, take tomorrow off and go fishing instead.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking us?
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Vacation days should be used for vacation, go after work as you have been doing. The selection will be the same whether you go at 9am or 5pm. *shrugs*
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Are you going to get some if you do take off? If so, yes.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking us?

My thoughts exactly.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking us?

Because he values your opinion.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Only if you get to break in the truck too!!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Internet. Get online and pick a truck that way, then connect online, then have a quickie meeting and get the truck.

Then drive the truck and don't tell your wife until you love the truck.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Don't take the day off..not worth it.
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    Exactly thank you
    Why are you asking us?

• kliermann
    Options
    we both have been bls deep in auto trader KSL and carfax
    Internet. Get online and pick a truck that way, then connect online, then have a quickie meeting and get the truck.

Then drive the truck and don't tell your wife until you love the truck.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    Why are you asking us?

Take the day off of work. I give you permission. So when you start to feel all guilty like "hey I really should have went to work, I'm a less than stellar employee", just remember, you asked people on the internet and they said you should do it.
  • kliermann
    Options
    haha
    Only if you get to break in the truck too!!
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    It depends on the situation...

If your wife is going with you, sure, it might be a fun day for the two of you to go vehicle hunting.

If you're going by yourself, I'd probably say leave it for the evenings... unless you have kids and you're taking the evenings to look for a truck and leaving your wife with the kids alone, then I can see her wanting you to take the day off and get it done.
  • kliermann
    Options
    yea but I'm beyond stellar at work so that basically allows me to take off when i feel i need a day off :P and obviously everyone knows people on the internet know best duh
    Why are you asking us?

Take the day off of work. I give you permission. So when you start to feel all guilty like "hey I really should have went to work, I'm a less than stellar employee", just remember, you asked people on the internet and they said you should do it.
  • Desire090902
    Desire090902 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm with Hike_higher...save that day to do something fun with the new truck. What kinda truck are you getting?
  • kliermann
    Options
    the situation is that we have been going after work and wifes getting frustraited with our lack of finding ANYTHING we really want so she wants to go for a whole day and knock it out and wants to go to salt lake 30 min away because they are cheeper

It depends on the situation...

If your wife is going with you, sure, it might be a fun day for the two of you to go vehicle hunting.

If you're going by yourself, I'd probably say leave it for the evenings... unless you have kids and you're taking the evenings to look for a truck and leaving your wife with the kids alone, then I can see her wanting you to take the day off and get it done.