Insanity vs Ripped in 30

Options
So, I’m currently doing Insanity, however, I’m thinking that I might want to take a break from Insanity and do ripped in 30, and go back to Insanity.

Any recommendations, thoughts or before/after’s would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Good on you for doing Insanity, I've heard lots about it and how tough it is! I'm basically the opposite of you at the moment, I am doing Ripped in 30 but considering trying Insanity.

RI30 is good but I've also done 30DS and found I got better results with that in terms of inch loss and noticeable changes to my body.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good on you for doing Insanity, I've heard lots about it and how tough it is! I'm basically the opposite of you at the moment, I am doing Ripped in 30 but considering trying Insanity.

RI30 is good but I've also done 30DS and found I got better results with that in terms of inch loss and noticeable changes to my body.

Thanks!
    It's really tough at first, but your stamina definitely builds!
    so, would you recommend 30DS as opposed to RI30??

I'm wondering, however, if Insanity is the toughest out there, b/c if that's the case, I'm wondering if I should stick with it, except, I kinda want a little 'change' in my routine...i think that would be a good thing, since I've hit a plateau
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    The only thing with 30DS is that there are 3 levels of 10 days each. After about day 4 or 5 on one level you start to get bored and want a change. With RI30 there are 4 levels of 7 days each so it doesn't get quite so boring. But I personally found 30DS more effective.

The only other thing I can say is that I've seen many people say their weight loss stalls when they start a new exercise routine due to muscles retaining water.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Ok time for some tough love here. You may wish to remove me as a friend after this and if you do I fully understand.

This is the second posting I've seen from you in the past 24 hours about quitting Insanity. The first time you got some really good advice from the people on your friends list. Apparently it's not what you want to hear. I find it very difficult to believe you are in a plateau when you are in the first month! If you are looking to see the number on the scale move then NONE of these home DVD's are going to give you what you are looking for. Weight loss is more about what you are eating than what exercise you are doing.

I for one am NEVER going to tell you or anyone else for that matter that quitting is OK because you aren't getting instant gratification. Suck it up, push through it and you might be surprised at what you see in the end. So you only lost 10 pounds, but wghat if that 10 pounds made it possible for you to go down 3 pants sizes? Isn't that the ultimate goal anyway?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    So, I’m currently doing Insanity, however, I’m thinking that I might want to take a break from Insanity and do ripped in 30, and go back to Insanity.

Could you give us some more information? Why do you want to take a break from Insanity? Too hard?
  • chineyLuv
    Options
    Ok time for some tough love here. You may wish to remove me as a friend after this and if you do I fully understand.

This is the second posting I've seen from you in the past 24 hours about quitting Insanity. The first time you got some really good advice from the people on your friends list. Apparently it's not what you want to hear. I find it very difficult to believe you are in a plateau when you are in the first month! If you are looking to see the number on the scale move then NONE of these home DVD's are going to give you what you are looking for. Weight loss is more about what you are eating than what exercise you are doing.

I for one am NEVER going to tell you or anyone else for that matter that quitting is OK because you aren't getting instant gratification. Suck it up, push through it and you might be surprised at what you see in the end. So you only lost 10 pounds, but wghat if that 10 pounds made it possible for you to go down 3 pants sizes? Isn't that the ultimate goal anyway?

Girl! Please! I would NEVER remove u as a friend like that lol.
    I appreciate the tough love.
    I'm not trying to QUIT insanity, i'm wanting to finish the first month, do RI30 and go back to Insanity (seeing as, ripped in 30, is only 30 days).
    I'm no longer *****ing about the scale, i actually haven't been on it since my last post. I'm just looking for variation in my physical activity.
    As logicman said, to change the routine a little, this was my thought process of 'changing' it up.
    But i'm guess that you don't think this is a good idea.
  • chineyLuv
    Options

Could you give us some more information? Why do you want to take a break from Insanity? Too hard?

I love insanity! I truly do!
    I just want some variation in my physical activity. Change it up a bit, that's all.
    I'll be back to Insanity.
  • mreeves261
    Options
    Trust me the routine changes in the second month!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options

I love insanity! I truly do!
    I just want some variation in my physical activity. Change it up a bit, that's all.
    I'll be back to Insanity.

Then do a hybrid. Any program will bore you. Just collect some workouts you love and just do the ones you feel like doing. Don't stick to a program.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Like "stick with it" as in finish it? Finish it. It's a great program and will be hard no matter your fitness level if you push yourself.

80% of the people with problems on this site are people that start something, don't look like a fitness model in 14 days, quit it, start something else, and continue the cycle.
  • mreeves261
    Options
    I'm not trying to QUIT insanity, i'm wanting to finish the first month, do RI30 and go back to Insanity (seeing as, ripped in 30, is only 30 days).
    I'm no longer *****ing about the scale, i actually haven't been on it since my last post. I'm just looking for variation in my physical activity.
    As logicman said, to change the routine a little, this was my thought process of 'changing' it up.

I don' think it's a good idea at all. For a few reasons. You are going to tire of JM pretty quickly, it's the same thing day in and day out for 30 days. At least right now you are cycling between 4 different workouts. Secondly, you are probably not going to feel any where near the satisfaction in finishing one of her workouts versus what you are doing now. I have done 3 of here DVD's and they are good, but they aren't at the level of Insanity. I also believe if you walk away from Insanity you are going to need to start all over again. I'm not sure it's possible to do month 1, do something else entirely, then come back and do month 2.
  • chineyLuv
    Options

I don' think it's a good idea at all. For a few reasons. You are going to tire of JM pretty quickly, it's the same thing day in and day out for 30 days. At least right now you are cycling between 4 different workouts. Secondly, you are probably not going to feel any where near the satisfaction in finishing one of her workouts versus what you are doing now. I have done 3 of here DVD's and they are good, but they aren't at the level of Insanity. I also believe if you walk away from Insanity you are going to need to start all over again. I'm not sure it's possible to do month 1, do something else entirely, then come back and do month 2.

You know what, I think you might be right.

I started thinking about that, as i was talking to a co-worker.

So, maybe I won't pause Insanity until I finish the 8 weeks.

Thanks everyone for all your posts!