Hello everyone, I'm taking back my life.

Options
Hello! My name is Lynsee, I'm 26. I have started my life change in February of this year. I have always been overweight my whole like. I was chunky in elementary school. I really started packing on the pounds in Junior High and High school. I was obese in High School. I never really saw myself as being that heavy. I was extremely heavy, I was already weighing 315 pounds. I would go down then up, go down then up. I had a lot of things, I hadn't dealt with. That's not an excuse, as it might seem to be. In the last year, I found out I have PCOS and Hypothyroidism. I am ashamed to say that before I started with my dietitian in February, I weighed 453 pounds. I have let myself go, it is all my fault for letting it happen. Letting my depression and anxiety get the best of me. But that is not the story anymore. I am going to fight to get my life back. I know it will take time. I am going to make it happen; however, long it takes. I have already lost 14.8 lbs since starting in February 25, I weighed in on March 25. My next weigh in is on Monday.

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track! Add me, I think I'm a pretty good supporter! :flowerforyou:
  • TiaFerrera
    Options
    You go girl! If we do this thing right we'll only "remember when" the rest of our long lives :D
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hi Lynsee! I'm new too. There is a hypothyroid group here on myfitnesspal. I joined it yesterday. PCOS and Hypo are definitely challenging but there is hope for getting better! It all begins with a good doctor/practitioner and the great attitude that you've got. Best wishes on your journey! I know you can do it!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Go get 'em girl! This is inspiring! The road will be long, so don't forget to celebrate and be proud of ALL of the victories along the way (each size clothing you go down, each time an activity that was hard feels easier, each time you can exercise a little bit longer or harder). Short-term goals have been really important for me (both scale and non) as they give me a little burst of motivation and determination. You're going to rock this weigh in, and you should be very proud of yourself for having the courage to do this! Friend me if you'd like:flowerforyou:
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Taking back your life is an awesome rollercoaster, so be prepared for some downs but remember the ups always come! You're going to rock this :)
  • holycrapbatgirl
    holycrapbatgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you so much!
  • Hawkian
    Hawkian Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You've got this. Making the kind of personal acknowledgement and commitment to take the first step is the hardest part for plenty of people.

You're going to have speedbumps along the way, you'll plateau sometimes and have slip-ups, but there's no stopping you now. No matter what happens- take progress toward your goals as positive reinforcement and the times when it seems like you aren't making progress as incentive to work just a little bit harder until you do. Don't get discouraged and I have no doubt at all you'll get to where you want to be.
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    good for you for taking the first step!
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track now !!!!!!!
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm a dork. But I can be friendly if you need a friend.
  • pecantan09
    pecantan09 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!!! Take control...joy and happiness will embrace you!
  • Btchymama
    Btchymama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey chickie!
    Im new-ish on MFP too. I know how it is when you all of a sudden just say to yourself... "That's it... enough!" You are taking the right path for all the right reasons too. I too have just had enough of being the fattest one in the room. 90lbs lighter and still encouraged to keep going, I'd love to share some encouragement, tips and laughs with you on our similar journey.
    Keep it up, stay strong... you CAN do this!
    ~Niki~
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lynsee....you make me want to jump up and down and CHEER!! I love your attitude...you are sooo gonna do this! Congrats on your weight loss so far...it's awesome! :happy:
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed for what you weighed. The shame would be if you never took your life back. You've come to a great place for support.
  • holycrapbatgirl
    holycrapbatgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all again! I can't explain how much I do appreciate everyone's input!