I made a big mistake.

Options
Two years ago, I went to the gym for like 8 months and saw no results. I was not training right or eating right.

Two years later, I bought a "home system" and wasted a bunch of money in kitchen tools like kitchen scale and expensive blenders because I wanted to do everything right. I wanted to put on good muscle and do it right, without wasting my time.

I came here to myfitnesspal to calculate my calories and my meals and stuff... but i have had such a hard time hitting my calories, and I am eating so often that I have felt sick and now... I am starting to get depressive... and I have had a long history of clinical depression.

That's why I just said to myself moments ago... "You made a big mistake". The only thing that I will do from now on, is eating 3 solid meals a day, eat the right foods, in the amounts that I am able to get in. I will not force feed myself and I will not worry about calories and macros and stuff.. because at the end of the day, all that has done is affect my workouts and make me miserable.

If I do my goal of gaining at least 10 pounds of mass in 3 months.. I'll be happy.. if not, whatever. I will do my best working out, and I will not eat bad type of foods. The rest I can not control.. and trying to do so is counter productive.

Thank you for letting me vent out.

Replies

• lambchoplewis
    Options
    I am very proud of you for realizing that "In - Out = Accumulation"!! I have friends who go on expensive and crazy diets - cleanses, Advocare, shakes, etc etc. None of these work long term. This is for life - not just until you lose the desired amount of weight. You need to eat right and exercise 80-90% of the time and if you slip up, mover on!! Go right back to the plan. I have been maintaining for 9 months and yes, I do weigh myself every morning. This is controversial as you cannot get upset by a weight gain when you are following your plan. I monitor the trend over time. I log my food, exercise and read some of these motivational blogs. I wish I could listen to what I type sometimes!!!

You can do it!!