lost the weight.....but now i am flabby!

Options
2»

Replies

• Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Will doing these weight exercise or DVD while losing the weght prevent the flaggy skin?
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have been there!!! I lost 130lbs and felt the exact same way. You lost a lot of weight and what you have left as "flab" is more likely loose skin. You are young so adding in some strength training and staying hydrated should help tighten the loose skin up. 30DS is great for beginners. It takes like 30 minutes to do and you will feel like you gotten a workout but it isn't too hard that you can't move when it is over. I would not start with p90x or insanity right off the bat. Eventually you might want to look into lifting. It has made all the difference in the world for me:). The most important thing you can do right now is start making fitness a part of your life.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    hey all :)

ok, so i just wanted to say you all are a great inspiration to me and everyone struggling with weight problems. :)

i lost abt 80 pounds this passed year and a half and oh my god was i thankful. Well, i was happy when i was first skinnier now i look at myself and its all flabby. Each place i touch its droopy or if i walk my legs shake worse than when i was bigger.

What i am trying to ask is has anyone had this problem if so, what did you do to fix it. I cant go to a gym because money is tight. I work at dominos in the morning till 5 or 6 at night so idk when i have time to work out. Pleeeease help me :( i am only 18 and i feel like i am 70 something... (no offense to the eldery i was just making a comparison.

It's hard to tell what happened without you posting progress pictures, but it's one of 2 things.
    1. Excess skin- which you MAY be able to offset by regaining weight. The other option is cosmetic surgery.
    2. Skinny fat-You lost weight, but didn't change your body composition. This happens because the scale doesn't differentiate between LBM and fat. Losing muscle, and losing fat both result in a drop on the scale. Losing fat (not muscle) is what most of us want, and they're not the same thing.
  • Sakura_Tree
    Sakura_Tree Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    gotta get some weights to tone up and your skin will tighten
  • SueZenL
    SueZenL Posts: 4
    Options
    This is my first posting on myfitnesspal.
    What would you do differently, if you were starting out today, to prevent flabby skin?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    What would you do differently, if you were starting out today, to prevent flabby skin?

I'm in the process of losing weight, I've lost 33+ lbs so far and important is: drinking lots of water, scrubbing and moisturizing, weight training.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Loose skin can be caused by plenty of factors, so it's difficult to say "if you do THIS you won't get it".
    Generally age,genetics, amount, and timeframe all matter. Massive amounts dropped rapidly almost guarantee it, while a slow and steady approach doesn't necessarily prevent it either.

Why do you think for example biggest loser contestants are always pretty covered up mid way through?