Exercise goals- Do you set them?

Options
This website has the option to set exercise goals in addition to food/diet goals. I set a goal for myself to burn 1200 calories per week. I'm just wondering what kind of goals other people set?

Replies

• lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    Mine is set for 5, 45-minute workouts each week. My calorie burn goal is set for 1,530.

I am always way over that goal. If I work out hard enough I can beat it in 2 days.

Do you have an HRM? I would highly recommend one.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked! I just went to check my average weekly number and it's been over 3000 for the past few weeks. Excuse me while I pat myself on the back...... :happy:

I am in training for a half marathon, though, so this is not the norm for me!!
  • geekyjen
    geekyjen Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know I set some goal, but I honestly don't know what it is.

I have started setting training goals (first was run a 5k, currently training for a half marathon) and use the training to drive me (keep a schedule of how I need to increase my miles, etc). Also I work out with friends whenever possible so that they can motivate me to get to the gym.
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for 6 workouts, 60 minutes each and burn total is 2,190. I always meet times, and go over on calorie burn...HRM shows more calorie burn than mfp does. They are way more accurate.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 6 45-minute work outs and 1,590 calories per week. I usually don't work out for 45 minutes at a time but I usually at least double my calories burned per week and that's all I really care about.