HELP!!! I so want to binge on junk

Options
2»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Ok, that tastes good, but why would you want to put that fast-food poison in your body? Not judging - Just wonderin'

This wasn't meant for you - sorry, but it won't let me delete - JUST IGNORE THIS POST. lol

Again, Ignore this post - I was told that my "poison" comment was judgmental, and it wasn't intended to be. I apologize.

Protip: any time you feel you have to follow a particular comment with "I'm not xxx, just wondering" then chances are you are indeed doing xxx.

"I'm not being racist, but...." is, 100% of the time, immediately followed by a racist comment. Same with "I'm not being misogynist, but.." and "I'm not being homophobic, but..." etc.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels! :)
  • jonnythan
    Options

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel does.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Does it?! I've never had it and now I'm definitely going to stay away from it if it's that good! :wink:
  • jonnythan
    Options

Does it?! I've never had it and now I'm definitely going to stay away from it if it's that good! :wink:

If you could condense heaven into a jar, this is what it would taste like.
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Look, we all love food. And we're not meant to live on boiled chicken and carrot sticks. Some times we want chicken with gravy and mashed potatoes -- so eat it. Don't let your desire for it to become an obsession.

You love to cook? Then cook -- go to Cooking Light . Com or any recipe web site -- they all have healthy recipes.
    Pick out something delicious and cook it !!

Diets don't work because you deprive yourself and end up throwing in the towel ... you've got to realize it's a life-long thing. If you eat too much you're going to gain weight. That's true today and it will be true next year. Where do you want to be next year? The same weight or more than today -- or at or closer to goal?

You know you can do this! The only who suffers if you don't stay true to your plan is you. So get out those pots and pans and whip up something delish!! :bigsmile:
  • Laurel0724
    Laurel0724 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    OH, Sister! I know how you feel!! I'm literally addicted to junk food! For me, I have to find something else to do to get my mind off my hunger or try to figure out WHY I"m wanting to eat junk. What am I not wanting to feel?

For those who encouraged just "a bit of sweet"......Please learn from my mistake(s). I wish I could eat sugar in moderation! On too many occasions I've tried it "just this time" and end up eating a lot more than I intended. I knew I had to give up sugar once and for all when I ate one dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. (I deluded myself into thinking I was taking them home to my family?!) Believe it or not, that wasn't it.....I got a hot fudge sundae. Needless to say I was sicker than a dog the next morning and felt exactly like an alcoholic who went on a bender. "I'll never do that again," only to eat three cheese danish for at my birthday breakfast the next week.

Yes, I have come to the conclusion that I do not have willpower in this area of my life, even though I have it in a lot of other areas in my life. There is a line from the Big Book of Alcoholics which describes EXACTLY how I am with sugar and potato chips:

It is an ALLERGY of the body and an OBSESSION of the mind.

There are plenty that don't agree and that's just fine by me. God bless you, if you can eat sugar. I wish I could, but my life is in the toilet when I do. Now that I have not had a drop of sugar free for ten (10) days, the mental fog I was always under is finally lifting, and I feel better (mood and energy) than I have in 25 years!

Thank you for being here! Thank you for bring up the topic.