Favorite Lean Cuisines

Options
steffi1686
steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
Sometimes I want to supplement a home cooked meal with a lean cuisine and I would like to know what your favorites are. A lot of them I find not very filling. My favorite is the Cranberry Apple Chicken. The tray is actually filled to the top with food, which is unusual for a frozen dinner and it is very filling and delicious.

What are your favorites (and least favorites)? This way when I go shopping I will know which ones to get or avoid.

Replies

• chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    chicken carbonera or the Thai chicken in a peanut sauce....those are my FAV's.......I usually have 1 lean cuisine a week..
  • MandyKayFrench
    MandyKayFrench Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The pizzas! I love Lean Cuisine pizzas...
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    The mac and cheese is the only one I've ever had that I really didn't like at all. It was awful! All the rest I've been pretty pleased with.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Yes pizzas! Their pizzas are excellent.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be to fishy and weird...but I really like the Parmesan Crusted Fish

I like all of their Panini's and Pizza's.

Oh and the Chicken Florentine Lasagna is good too...
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    Smart ones has a mexican style beans and rice meal for around 320 calories and it is good and super filing. The beans keep you full with large protein and fiber numbers

Lean cuisine, I like the panini meals
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thai Chicken and the Shrimp and angel hair pasta.

I use them for lunch only and about once a week at best.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    My favorite is the vegetable eggroll and rice.
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    They are too high in sodium for me. If you want to supplement, try picking up one of those already cooked rotisserie chickens. I pull all the meat off and store in a tupperware container in the fridge. If I don't feel like cooking, I take 4 oz of the chicken place on a whole wheat tortilla, a few slices of tomato and 1 tbsp of hummus. It's delicious and quick. I also keep those frozen steamer bags of veggies on hand all the time. 4 1/2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a great meal with no cooking. I have this meal alot at lunch cause it's quick and easy and hits all the requirements for a meal. If you have a Trader Joe's near you, I would also suggest their frozen grilled chicken burgers or their chili lime chicken burgers. a few minutes in a skillet ,on a deli flat with one slice of cheese and a nuked bag of veggies and you've got a quick dinner. For me, these types of meals are much more filing than a frozen dinner and taste better with little to no cooking!! Hope I could provide you with some other ideas!
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    there is a lean cuisine panini I really like. I think it is spinach and artichoke chicken, and it is the ONLY frozen dinner I eat. I was really starting to get disgusted with the rubbery chicken and the strange consistancy of a lot of food from those frozen dinners, but the paninis are awesome!!:happy:
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    I agree with all that you have listed. I also found that Marie Callendar's Asian Steamers are in high 200 ot low 300 Calories and they also are good. I like the meat in them better that the meat in the Healthy Choice Steamers. :flowerforyou:
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I can't find it anymore, but I loved the Tai Chicken in Peanut sauce
  • BbNuke
    BbNuke Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat either Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice for lunch 5 days a week. It's just easiest for me - and low cal too. My favorites are the Chicken Carbonara, Apple Cran Chicken & Roasted Honey Chicken. In the HC meals, I like Chicken Teriyaki, Pot Roast w/ red potatoes, Oven roasted chicken & Salsbury steak. The HC ones are higher in cals, but they include a small "dessert."
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    Hope this helps ya!

Lean Cuisine- Butternut Squash Ravioli, Cheese Ravioli, Baja Style Chicken Quesadellia, Chicken Pesto w/Bow tie pasta & Chicken Spinach Mushroom Panini

SMART ONES- Lasagna Florentine, Macaroni & Cheese, Ravioli Florentine & Vegetable Pizza Minis

Healthy Choice- Chicken Pesto Alfredo & Pumpkin Squash Ravoili
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    Options
    Just a note, Digorno's has a 200 calorie pizza, Pepperoni and cheese, Cheese and Tomato, and a chicken and pepper one. They are delicious and filling! I usually eat one with a salad. There are 2 servings per box so if you get full on one, you have an extra meal for another day. :wink: