Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can someone tell me if this is a descent rack

Squat rack that is :) I need some input on it if it is a descent 1 to buy. TIA!

1362693635-1_sa-half-rack.jpg

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Squat rack that is :) I need some input on it if it is a descent 1 to buy. TIA!

I'm not aware of the brand but that configuration is one of my favorites. You can do so much with that rack other than just squat. Bench Press (buy an adjustable bench), Floor Press, dead-stop lifts from the adjustable horizontal bars, squat, deadlift, OHP, rack pulls, etc. You can even curl in the rack and not get yelled at by other gym-goers. LOL! Good stuff. Just google the brand and see what the feedback looks like. If good then I'd go for it, nice setup.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Tease.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Doesn't look bad. But why not go for a full power rack?
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Looks good from what I can see but your arm is in the way so I can't tell for sure.
  • RichOC
    RichOC Posts: 243 Member
    Well that was disappointing...
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    HARSH! That was an evil trick! ;[
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Looks feasible for a home gym
  • dwall1872
    dwall1872 Posts: 48
    hell yes! buy now buttton!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    If you start at the top and work down, it's a "descent: rack. If you start at the bottom and work up, it's an "ascent" rack.

Either way it looks decent enough.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    LOL
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Well played OP! Well Played :laugh:
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    i've racked my bar on better, but looks more than adequate.
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    I will save this thread....
    boobies.gif

Why yes it is a nice rack!! :bigsmile:
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    THANKYOU!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    It'll cost me just over $100 to ship it to me :( I love that it has multi-purposes and since I love doing bench presses and overhead presses, this will work awesome I thought.

I don't have the room for a full rack/cage type thing...this allows my bench to be moved away from it easier I think. I have a small space set up as my home gym...less than 300sq F so I have to optimize the space the best I can.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Meh. Their stuff appears to be cheap and relatively unknown which is not a good combo (couldn't find any reviews for it which is bad). I too question why you don't just get a full power rack. You mentioned space, but that squat rack isn't any smaller. In fact, it's quite big. It's got a 69" x 67" footprint. By comparison, most power racks are usually around 48x48 (more if you want plate storage).

I'd go with a rogue half rack (R-3) which is only 30x43 if you have really limited space. You get a full power rack that has 1" hole spacing where it counts - the one you posted does not. Hole spacing is important especially for bench, so you can fine tune where the safety bars are placed. 2" is too much, IMO.

Granted, that all costs money for a good Rogue setup. If you wanted a cheap power rack you can get them for under $400 shipped via Amazon (like Powerline). They don't have the 1" hole spacing but at least it's a full rack and it's compact and cheap.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    R-3 does have to be bolted to the ground.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Damn you OP.....damn you....

Even though I knew this wasn't going to be about boobs...a small part of me was hoping...
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    R-3 does have to be bolted to the ground.

Yes, but I would want to bolt any rack to the ground, personally.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Ugh

No

You need a power rack

Or one without handles

Heh