body media fit....should I trust it?

Options
I have a body media fit and I try to wear it everyday (today was one of the days I forgot of course). I am wondering if there is anyone else out there who has had success using it? When I wear it it tells me I burn well over 2000 calories a day even on my laziest of days. MFP wants me eating 1200 cals a day to maintain a 500 deficit......but if even on my laziest days I am burning closer to 2200 that would put me at 1000 deficit. Of course I find it impossible to eat only 1200 cals a day but I'm afraid that by eating more I am not going to lose. I am currently training for a 10 mile race (in two weeks!) so I run a lot but I have not noticed a change scale or clothing wise for a while now. I know I need to work on weight training but I keep saying "after my race" or "when the school year is over". But we'll see.....gotta do something. Anyway that was a lot of back information when really all I'm asking is if you think/know the body media fit to be accurate? Has it been succesful for you?

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    MFP takes into account your total daily burn without exercise until you manually enter that. You burn calories 24/7 even if you just sat there. If you have MFP set to sedentary then it takes your lowest cal burn into effect. If you log your exercise..those are the calories you want to eat back.