Goal: lose 15 pounds in 5 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Also, yes, I know, I am supposedly at a "healthy" weight where I am at right now...but if you saw how my body carried the weight, you would see that for me and my size I AM overweight. If I stayed the same weight but was super toned and sexy looking, I would be fine with it...but I'm not. I have some fat I need to lose and muscle to gain.

You need to hit the weight room and not concern yourself so much with "dieting". Weight training is the only way you're going to change that body composition and look "super toned" and what not. Small calorie deficit to lose 0.5 Lbs per week and hit the weight room...you will get the best results over time. You have to be patient...this isn't happening in 5 weeks time.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You are at a healthy weight now! I think you shouldn't focus that much on the scale but on the inches. Start strength training to really defined and shape up your muscles. You could try a DVD programs, those are effective and cheap. Good luck!
  • Cmg2k
    Cmg2k Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is not a healthy goal at all. Maybe if you were obese it would be possible with extreme calorie restriction. But you don't have much to lose (if any at all). 132 is a healthy weight for 5'2". Anyway, you will likely lose more muscle than fat in such a short period of time.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Also, yes, I know, I am supposedly at a "healthy" weight where I am at right now...but if you saw how my body carried the weight, you would see that for me and my size I AM overweight. If I stayed the same weight but was super toned and sexy looking, I would be fine with it...but I'm not. I have some fat I need to lose and muscle to gain.

Like most girls your age you most likely spend too much time with that pink thing in your hand and not working toward a firm, tight body. To get what you want, you are going to have to work very hard at it for a long time. There is no pill or any other quick fix. My advice, shut down the iPhone, get off the couch and get to work. In 12 weeks let us know how you are doing!
  • JJMHurst
    JJMHurst Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did this work out for you? Did you meet your goal? If so what did you do and if not, what did you do?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week.

No.

No x 2
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    New goal = 5 weeks to lose 15 pounds. I want to weigh 120 by the end of May. That's a reasonable goal, right?...3 pounds a week. Does anyone want to join me? I'm going to try eating less carbs, no added sugar, and no added salt. I want to be able to wear a bikini comfortably so I can show off my side tattoo while I'm still young! :P

Add me :)

P.S. I'm 5'2 and 136 lb.

Hey girly... so, I'm a little confused. If your goal is to weigh 120 by the end of May, why do you feel like you need to lose 15lb in 5 weeks? From my quick mathmatical estimate, it seems that what you actually want is to lose 15lb in 5 months. And that (the 5 months, not the 5 weeks) is totally reasonable!

You are pretty light to start with right now, even if you don't feel like it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't lose weight - if you feel you want to, 120 is a perfectly healthy goal weight for your height (so long as you don't have a big bone structure)... but I can't see any good healthy reason to try to lose 3lb per week. Not only does that sound unsafe, but it also sounds almost impossible, which sets you up for failure... and nobody likes that ;-)

Why don't you set a more realistic - though still admittedly difficult - goal of losing 1lb per week? I guarantee you'll still have to work hard and kick your own butt in the gym to do it, but you're way more likely to succeed at this goal than the one you stated, and if you lose 1lb per week, you'll be at your goal of 120lb by around mid-April!

Just my suggestion to you - best of luck :-)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    its a zombie thread….someone re bumped it…zombie thread
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    its a zombie thread….someone re bumped it…zombie thread

Oh damn... LOL oops, thanks!