Did you have success with couch to 5k?

Options
Ghlt4
Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
I started couch to 5k today. My weight has been stuck for months, so I thought I'd give this a go. I've never run in my life so this will be a challenge!

For all of you out there who have done it did.......

You lose weight, and if not did you body change, and clothes get looser?

Replies

• clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Haven't lost much weight due to my diet being off (I haven't been sticking to my calorie allowance consistently), but C25K is totally worth it! Used to only be able to run about 4 minutes without stopping, now I am able to run for an hour and a half and I'm doing my first 10k in May :) Already did a 5k in March and my time was 28:12 and I started c25k in December 2012. Never thought I could do it :)
  • 55in13
    55in13 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Well, the diet is what is taking the pounds off but the exercise helps some with metabolism and a lot with just enjoying things in general. A 5k run is one of the best exercises around - if I time it right the shower after is my shower for the day, so it's a really good workout that only takes a little over a half hour out of my day. I did not do the specific 9 week C25K program that is so popular. I just Google mapped a route around my neighborhood and started jog walking it 2 or 3 times a week. In the beginning it was mostly walking and the jog was pretty slow. I was taking closer to an hour to do it. I took more than 9 weeks; probably closer to 12. But I run the entire distance every time now and when I started I was winded before I was out of sight of the house. I have lost 30 pounds while running has been my primary exercise. Again, that is not because of the exercise but I think actually being in decent shape has helped motivate me to look like I am in shape, if that makes any sense.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you call becoming a running addict being successful: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

Congrats on starting!
  • Ghlt4
    Ghlt4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I am totally pumped about starting this. My family is doing it with me.