Frequency of bodyweight exercises when starting?

Options
I'm gradually adding things like squats, crunches, plank, etc. (just bodyweight for right now, without additional weights) into my workout routine. Anyone have good references for how frequently to incorporate them while perfecting form and building basic endurance? For example: daily squats, crunches, plank, etc., with one rest day/ week? Or only every other day? Or daily until you reach a certain level of fitness (eg, 50 squats/ day, then higher reps, but every other day for recovery?).

I'm starting at zero, basically, so I'm not looking to add heavy weights just yet (maybe in a few months.)

Replies

• koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm gradually adding things like squats, crunches, plank, etc. (just bodyweight for right now, without additional weights) into my workout routine. Anyone have good references for how frequently to incorporate them while perfecting form and building basic endurance? For example: daily squats, crunches, plank, etc., with one rest day/ week? Or only every other day? Or daily until you reach a certain level of fitness (eg, 50 squats/ day, then higher reps, but every other day for recovery?).

I'm starting at zero, basically, so I'm not looking to add heavy weights just yet (maybe in a few months.)

***Don't be scared to add weights if your form is good***

I'd give it 4-6 weeks tops before progressing on to weights. If you wait 3-4months that is 2.5-3months that you could have used weights and gotten better results.

Every other day is fine for bodyweight to start with as it seems you are a beginner.

Koing
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Couple times a day, every day.