How to Crossfit?

Options
Anyone here tell me where a good starting place would be? Where can I get WOD, examples of the WOD, etc? Seen some sort of competition on TV the other day and thought it may be something I would like to try.

Replies

• rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hiya- I am brand new to CrossFit myself, just went to my first fundamentals class on Wednesday evening.

I recommend starting at crossfit.com, great resource and answers lots of newbie questions.

As for WODs, lots of boxes post their WODs online, so just look up any box that strikes your fancy and see what they've got. Youtube is a great place to see a demo of the moves until you get familiar with the lingo.

If you can afford going to a box, I highly recommend it, they will help you with your form and keep you safe! Have fun!
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hiya- I am brand new to CrossFit myself, just went to my first fundamentals class on Wednesday evening.

I recommend starting at crossfit.com, great resource and answers lots of newbie questions.

As for WODs, lots of boxes post their WODs online, so just look up any box that strikes your fancy and see what they've got. Youtube is a great place to see a demo of the moves until you get familiar with the lingo.

If you can afford going to a box, I highly recommend it, they will help you with your form and keep you safe! Have fun!

Strong this. The cost of membership in my area is sky-high, but I found several competent youtube videos that were of great help in doing the WOD's on my own.

"Pick a lady, and do her as fast as you can." Your body will thank you later.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    They give the WODs on crossfit.com plus have great nutrition articles. Good luck. You're gonna love it.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great info all!