Amping up my weight loss.

I've been at it for a while now (about January perhaps?) I still have a lot of weight to lose and I am stalled. I haven't lost any real weight for a bit now and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I am up for ANY and EVERY suggestion, my diary is open.

I do have gym membership, the only thing holding me back at all would be a rod from knee to hip, its old and I know my limits (ie stop before its to much and I injure my self.)

I will try anything at least once!

Advice please, thanks!

Replies

• ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    It is slipping away into the nothingness of posts...nooooo :S
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    When you say you haven't lost any "real weight" for a while, how much have you lost and over what period of time?

Looking through your diary, I can't see any particular routine there. Maybe you have one that's just not obvious to me (entirely likely) but I think some more details might help.
  • balogda1
    balogda1 Posts: 21 Member
    Adjust your settings in your diary to track sodium.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Are you not losing any weight at all or is it just coming off slower? Have you adjusted your calorie goals as you've been losing? Your required calories get smaller and smaller as you get smaller and smaller...if you haven't adjusted them down, you could be eating closer to a maintenance level of calories now with 54 Lbs down.

You could also just be in a plateau...they happen. I hit one after my first few months and took a break and ate to maintenance for a couple of weeks to re-boot and that seemed to work.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    I have adjusted my calorie goal.

It was slower but it seems to be stalling completely now. :( I didn't lose anything this last weigh in.

I don't have a big routine. It is hard to establish one. I work varing shifts at work and money varies as well. the only routine I really have is to take my vitamins and get to work on time.

What kind of pattern/routine should I look at setting up?
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    I'd consider dropping bread and pasta. Also, try not to miss days of journaling, you might be having days that are heavier than you recall.

Good luck and stick with it!