Sodium and Sugar

Options
So it is official I cannot stay under both the sodium and the sugar limit in a single day. Some days I'm over on sodium, some days I am over on sugar, and some days I am over on both. Any suggestions how I can improve this? Anyone have this problem and know of some good food solutions? Thanks!:smile:

Replies

• HudaSaman
    HudaSaman Posts: 46
    Options
    I'm facing the same problem but with sugar only! I hope someone can help both of us :)
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    I am over in sugar every day, yet I still loose weight. I think its just important to take in the good sugar like fruits and nix the bad like cake. Try to keep it low but I wouldnt worry to much about it.

Sodium on the other hand is important I read for every 2000mg your body retains 4lbs in water weight....so if you go over you do the math...That said for ever 2000mg of salt you have a day you are supposed to drink 2L of water min to flush out your system (also mentioned in the same article) So when they talk about you probably loosing water weight that could actually be alot of weight depending on how much salt you consume daily. I was shocked by the article and have since strived to keep my sodium low. Straying away from fastfood is a good way to cut out added sodium
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    i have switched from juice to agua fresca which helps with sugars... blending and draining melon then adding to water. Really refreshing.

I don't drink fizzy drinks or squash / cordials - sounds hard if that is all you drink but it only takes a couple of months to get used to and now i find the taste of these drinks bizarre and unsatisfying.

Also preparing your own food and eating clean and lean as possible this will really help! good luck.