Quest Bars...

Options
I have been on a protein bar search for one that is gluten free, low in sugars but NO sugar substitutes....After a lot of reading and online review searches I bought 8 quest bars today ....I realized recently that with summer coming I was gonna have to come up with meal subs for those on the go days that are as close to healthy as possible.... I bought 1 choc. peanut butter, 1 mixed berry, 1 coconut cashew, 2 brownie, 2 lemon cream pie, 1 strawberry cheesecake...they sure sound good:) 20 grams of protein from whey isolate, 160 to 200 calories, and 1 or 2 g of sugar, no subs!
I would like some feedback on taste, texture, or any input on what your favorite is, or which ones to stay away from<<<<Yikes, hope I didn't buy any of those....

Replies

• goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I look forward to my Quest bar every single day. My favorites are: chocolate chip cookie dough (they fly off the shelf and I can only find those locally at GNC); coconut cashew, banana nut (especially of a morning with coffee); apple pie. The strawberry cheesecake is good (reminds me of a fig newton). Cinnamon Roll is a very sweet sugary taste. I think I prefer the new natural line better than the original bars with the exception of chocolate chip cookie dough, which I love. The natural line is the coconut, banana nut, apple pie, strawberry cheesecake, and a few more that I have yet to try. They just announced their newest one, white chocolate raspberry! Can't wait for that one:smile: Since I guess you've tried all 8 of yours by now, what did you think?
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    P.S. Hope you microwaved them for 15 seconds before eating, that's the difference in liking or not like them!
  • jessicafunkyy
    Options
    I think quest bars are the best protein bars you can get. My favorite is the banana :)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I don't like the quest bars. Right now the cliff builder is my bar of choice.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    wish they had them in UK :(
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    The cookie dough and brownie are delish, but the texture is awful unless nuked for 15-20 seconds. I just bought cliff bars for a road trip because there is no way I'm eating a quest bar without heating it up.