Beautiful Blues 5/18/10

Options
debnu1
debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
challenge27.JPG

Here's our new board! It has been a good start of the week for me. I have logged 2 days in a row, and for my birthday didn't have a cake:noway: Instead I made strawberries with a cream cheese lemon filling. (cream cheese mixed with 1/2 a lemon's juice and a tablespoon of zest and 1/4 cup powdered sugar) SOOOO good and filling and low cal! :love: No the difficultly will be when it is my husband's birthday and I get him a cake and we eat pizza. I will have to remember I only need one piece! One is enough...right?

My goal this week is to log at least one meal everyday and to drink my water!

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bump
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    debnu- Happy Birthday and it sounds like you're enjoying your new bike.

fawkes- Way to go on your workouts!!

jg- Sorry to hear your son is sick- A walk is always a great exercise, enjoy!

smadag- Congrats on passing all the tests! I'm sure your insurance will be able to cover you and your hubby!! Keep us posted on what happens.

I completed P90X Plyometrics for the 59 minutes of it. My goals this week are to log everything I eat and to weigh myself so I can see if my current eating plan is working. I'm going to stay away from eating out for a bit, because the sodium and high calories are really messing up my diet.

I'm getting ready to watch the biggest loser, since there are only 2 more episodes left!!!!!!

Take care all!!!
  • Fawkes
    Fawkes Posts: 50
    Options
    Thanks!! I tihnk I'm really going to stick with it this time. Going to the gym in the middle of the day while at work is seriously the best thing ever! It makes it so easy!

My goals this week is to drink all my water (I barely drink anything at all, Ugg!) and to try and have at least one 500 calorie burn a week and all other days at least 400!

Seems the baby doesn't want to sleep tonight *sigh* I'm going to be tired tomorrow!
  • smadag1
    Options
    Just got off the phone with hubbys boss he said the insurance wont cover me while I have my permit. So the only option I see is to go to driving school. That is money I am not looking forward to paying probably 6 thousand dollars for 3 weeks of training.

Went wogging last night I would walk 1 lap then run 1 full lap. I have never run a ful lap around the tack not even at my most fit. I am starting to enjoy walking the track I think I am going to concentrate on that for a while
  • Fawkes
    Options
    You ran an entire lap!? THAT'S GREAT! I cannot wait to be able to do this myself. I can run 1 min at 5.2 but can't do much more than that.

Today I burnt 535 calories at the gym!!! YEAH :D Each day I'm burning a little bit more than before. Feels GREAT!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Good luck smadag with the new path in life. I am sure you will do great with everything! The running is awesome. I have lost some of my endurance lately and am thinking about how to fit running in with p90x...

I am just about to watch the biggest loser--my hubby took the day off work today and it has messed up my routine a little bit. :flowerforyou:

Have a great day!
  • smadag1
    Options
    I have put my P90x on hold for a while right no I have more ambition to run than workout with Tony

I kept picturing Chrissy yelling at me telling me not to puss out on her
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hey all,

Today I completed P90X Back and Biceps and Ab Ripper X. I so wanted to run outside but ran out of time because I went to take my daughter to her regular doctor appointment. Then I went to visit my mom who just got back from vacation. I brought my own meal and did fine but my sisters and I started cooking and I cooked for hubby, so it was alot of temptation and so I just ate some of the food that was brought in from overseas. I rather have it if I want it, instead to be thinking about it all week and lamenting. So today is done with and over with, tomorrow I'll be cutting down calories to make up for today. Moving forward and feeling great!!!!

I was looking at the races this summer in my area, and I didn't see a 5K, because that's what I wanted to do. I did see some 5M races, so I might just sign up for those. I so want to do a race this summer, and I willl......... Take care all!!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I kept picturing Chrissy yelling at me telling me not to puss out on her

:laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:

Chrissy would be proud! Tony can wait. Anything is better than nothing! Keep up the awesome work!

Mayra--I really enjoy the races I have done. I am needing to get back into that! I am contemplating substituting running for yoga, at least part of it as I don't have time for both then maybe I can work my endurance back up again.

I made an awesome pizza last night. Part whole wheat flour crust, roasted onion, peppers and squash with chicken and a little pepperoni. Mmmmm. I am going to have leftovers for lunch today. I love pizza!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I had a doctor's appointment today where I told him what my A1c was (a measurement of the average blood sugar for 3 months) He said that's not normal, and then went on to say that to prevent diabetes I either need to go on meds or lose weight. I knew the lose weight part! :ohwell: Now I need to actually get on the band wagon. I am going to lose 20 lbs from where I am now in the next 3 months until I see him again. I figure the first ten ought to go easy as I just put them on...:noway: :grumble: I also have a new goal to be at my goal weight by my 10th wedding anniversary in November. That is 40 lbs down in 6 months. Is that pushing too hard? I know I can do it. I am going to train for a 5k again, and just log all my foods! (continue with p90x too)

I have the beginings figured out. I just hope all of you will stick around to help support me. :flowerforyou:

We can do this!
  • smadag1
    Options
    went to the track again today and ran every other lap for 35 minutes until the weather got bad.

going to spend the next couple days with hubby until he leaves again Saturday night. Then back on tack sunday.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Today was YogaX day but instead I walked outside for 15 minutes. Have alot planned for tomorrow morning so hope to go to bed early. Spent the day watching movies and just relaxing....

Take care all!!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Tuesday I was good and counted all my calories, Wed. I watched what I ate and then today watched what I ate except for that ice cream sundae I had. Tomorrow I'm going to count. Today I walked a mile and rode three.

Has anyone noticed how hard it is to run on pavement vs the treadmill??
  • Fawkes
    Options
    I also have a new goal to be at my goal weight by my 10th wedding anniversary in November. That is 40 lbs down in 6 months. Is that pushing too hard?
    We can do this!

My brother is getting married in November and I'd like to be down 40 pounds by then as well!

Next week I'm starting Atkins. I'm determined to get this weight off and KEEP it off. I'm actually goign to follow their phases so it doesn't get put back on when I reintroduce carbs. I lost weight doing atkins when I wasn't exercising... now that I am, I imagine that it should work pretty well.
  • MayLan
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

I'm sorry you guys but I have alot of posts to catch up on. I got up this morning and did P90X Legs and Back and cut it to 45 minutes b/c I needed to do it before hubby leaves work. I then jogged outside for 15 minutes and walked for 8. My body wanted to run for more but I was getting stomach cramps and tried running through them, but just started walking. I ate my banana and rice cake with almond butter with jelly but I then exercised immediately after. I usually give myself atleast a 30 minute break in between to relax. I think that's why I got the pains. I'm getting ready to do ab ripper X while baby sleeps, now that hubby is off to work. I have alot of errands to run today so I'm taking my baby to my mom's house and then I'm out the door. I'm planning to take a Lara bar with me to tie me in, and definitely eat before I leave.

I was looking at the races here in my area and there are no more 5K's available on Sundays- that's the only day I can run in my schedule. The only ones available in June are a Japan run 4M and a father's day run 5M. I'm leaning towards the 5M b/c I don't know anything about Japan, but that's way over my head. The most I've done is around 3M or a little more.

I'll be catching up with posts and wish you all a good workout!!!! This is almost the end of week 6 of P90X for me!!! Wohoo!!!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Ok fawkes, you and me. We can do it. I have decided that the plain old counting calories is what works for me. Everytime I have tried to limit carbs or fat I end up worse off than I was before. I am going to live by plain old moderation. I am planning on burning about 600 calories a day and eat 1800--which would leave me at the net of 1200 and approximately 2 lb a week weight loss. It will work. I am going to set myself up for success--the biggest thing is planning ahead for me. So that is what I am going to do.

Mayra--you are awesome. Keep up the great work! I am sure the cramps were from the food. You can do more next time. Way to listen to your body!

I know you can do a 5M race. You go girl!

I am off to hang up my weight chart and goal/rule list in front of the toilet so I see it everyday...:devil: I can't not succeed...

Have a great day!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Ok fawkes, you and me. We can do it. I have decided that the plain old counting calories is what works for me. Everytime I have tried to limit carbs or fat I end up worse off than I was before. I am going to live by plain old moderation. I am planning on burning about 600 calories a day and eat 1800--which would leave me at the net of 1200 and approximately 2 lb a week weight loss. It will work. I am going to set myself up for success--the biggest thing is planning ahead for me. So that is what I am going to do.

What a great idea on burning 600 calories a day. that is a great goal and I think I might take that on myself.

I was personally looking at the atkins diet also but its so hard for me because I'm such a picky eater that the calorie counting I think is suiting me best.

I personally went out to eat again today with my parents. I am watching my portion size and what I eat. I biked 2 miles and tried to workout to a dvd today but it was just too nice out to stay inside. I wanted to workout to 30day shred but I lent it to someone damn me. he he.
  • debnu1
    Options
    we're smoking some ribs for dinner tonight and my snack hasn't quite held me over. I wish the meat would cook faster!! I went for a bike ride. Interestingly enough I wasn't hungry until I got back home and smelled the food. Hmmmm. I have more cals for tonight now too. Hooray!
  • Fawkes
    Options
    GREAT! Not only is my brother's wedding in November, but I'm a bridesmaid! SO I want to look decent in the dress!!!

Atkins worked for me in the past, but I quit abruptly when we decided to TTC and I wanted to make sure my body was eating healthy. So I introduced carbs back too quickly... went from none to a ton! That so doesn't work! LOL

My main goal is trying to burn AT LEAST 400 calories a gym session (I only have 40 minutes a day, it's impossible for me to do anything at home wiht my cranky 4 month old) with a 500 calorie burn at least once or twice a week. Ultimately I'd like to get up to 600 calories a gym session. But doing that in 40 minutes might be tough.

I weighted myself the other day and I was down another couple pounds. I'm pretty sure I lost some water weight caused by tom.

I'm SOOOOO determined this time!
  • debnu1
    Options
    I am sorry your baby is cranky--my kids tend to want me when I am exercising so that is why I get up way early--before they do... Is there anything you can do while holding her? Try lifting her above your head--good for arms, putting her on your knees while you do crunches. You can always take a walk holding her too--get one of those packs and just walk around. That will burn calories and she will be right with you too. :wink: I would take walks with my kids in the stroller...it doesn't have to be high intensity-that is what the gym is for. Just moving around makes a difference.

I was so good yesterday and then lost it when dinner still wasn't ready almost an hour after my bike ride. We ended up pulling the ribs off early and eating them. I had already eaten a lot of junk prior to that though so I didn't match what I should have. I even tried just snacking on carrots but it wasn't enough. I probably should have thrown out the cookies that two different people brought the day before...:tongue:

Have a great Saturday everyone. I know we can do this. I am going to set myself up for success!