Do you see a trend?

Options
Just wondering. I have lost 10 lbs with 19 more to go and seem to be stalling. I'm OK with that (I guess) as long as I know that is to be expected. So for anyone who has lost weight, did you notice a trend of some sort? It sure could be encouraging to stick it out during the stalled times if I knew the scale would start moving again!

Replies

• matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    #noididnot
  • chefwrx
    chefwrx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Can we get some details on your plan. It sounds like you've made some excellent progress, maybe it's time for a refeed or break?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    if and when i stall or gain back weight, i look at what i have been doing. 9 times out of 10, it is food related.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sometimes a plateau can be fixed simply by
    recalculating your TDEE
    adjusting your macros, generally carbs vs fats, keep protein at least 1g per lb of lean body mass.
    adding or taking away a cardio/HIIT session.

Have you tried these?
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    its called a plateau. it happens to the best of us. i have hit a few. stick to your game plan.. its more about being healthy and taking care of your body then it is numbers on the scale. i stalled for a few months and started to believe maybe my body was trying to tell me it was the natural number its supposed to be. but i seem to be losing again. =) sometimes its things like gaining muscle while losing fat.. sometimes you are stuck in water weight.. just be healthy and i believe it will start to happen again. best of luck. =)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Please define "stalled" for us. How long?
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I reached my goal in November of 2011.
    In May of 2011, I lost only a half pound, even tho' I was under my calorie goal every day except one, and THAT was just a hundred or so over my allowable.
    Until then, I was losing steadily.
    I didn't change a thing, and started losing again in June.
    According to the notes I've seen on the forum, everyone has these plateau levels at some point.
    Some insist that the calorie intake should be increased or decreased, but I did neither.
    Just expect periods when the loss progression goes flat for a while.
    Stick with it and eventually you'll be rewarded.