2 tsp olive oil
6 (3 to 4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
4 oz fresh spinach leaves, washed, dried, stemmed
6 oz bottled red roasted bell peppers, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup flour

Prep & Cooking Time: 45 min.
Yield: 6 servings

Directions:
Trim all visible fat from chicken breasts. Cover cutting board with a sheet of plastic wrap and place chicken breasts on top of plastic wrap. Then cover chicken breast with another sheet of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet pound the chicken to 1/4-inch (1 cm) thickness. Remove plastic wrap and cover each chicken breast with spinach leaves. Place a strip of roasted pepper across the center of each chicken piece. Mold feta cheese into 6 logs and place one next to each strip of pepper. Roll-up chicken, enveloping spinach, pepper and feta and secure with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C. In a small bowl place flour and season with black pepper and herbs. Roll outer layer of chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off any excess. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Saute chicken rolls until all sides are light brown. Place chicken rolls on a baking sheet or dish and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Set rolls aside for 5 minutes before removing skewers. Make sure chicken is thoroughly cooked prior to serving.

Total Calories: 149 Carbohydrates: 3.55 g
Total Fat: 5.17 g Protein: 21.00 g
Sat Fat: 1.79 g Fiber: 0.38 g
Cholesterol: 59 mg Sodium: 121 mg

http://www.healthylivingonline.com/mealsrecipes/recipecenter/index.cfm?fuseaction=recipePage&recipe=127

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    2 oz feta cheese
    2 tsp olive oil
    6 (3 to 4 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    4 oz fresh spinach leaves, washed, dried, stemmed
    6 oz bottled red roasted bell peppers, rinsed and drained
    1/4 cup flour

Prep & Cooking Time: 45 min.
    Yield: 6 servings

Directions:
    Trim all visible fat from chicken breasts. Cover cutting board with a sheet of plastic wrap and place chicken breasts on top of plastic wrap. Then cover chicken breast with another sheet of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet pound the chicken to 1/4-inch (1 cm) thickness. Remove plastic wrap and cover each chicken breast with spinach leaves. Place a strip of roasted pepper across the center of each chicken piece. Mold feta cheese into 6 logs and place one next to each strip of pepper. Roll-up chicken, enveloping spinach, pepper and feta and secure with a wooden skewer or toothpick. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F / 190 degrees C. In a small bowl place flour and season with black pepper and herbs. Roll outer layer of chicken in the seasoned flour and shake off any excess. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Saute chicken rolls until all sides are light brown. Place chicken rolls on a baking sheet or dish and bake in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Set rolls aside for 5 minutes before removing skewers. Make sure chicken is thoroughly cooked prior to serving.

Total Calories: 149 Carbohydrates: 3.55 g
    Total Fat: 5.17 g Protein: 21.00 g
    Sat Fat: 1.79 g Fiber: 0.38 g
    Cholesterol: 59 mg Sodium: 121 mg

http://www.healthylivingonline.com/mealsrecipes/recipecenter/index.cfm?fuseaction=recipePage&recipe=127
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    this sounds yummy, i'm goign to try it this weekend What temperature does the oven have to be at?
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I'd say 350.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    You're welcome:bigsmile: