"Aren't You Hungry?"...My Favorite Snack

Options
2»

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely irrelevant, because I'll eat about anything.. But are you from Hanford??

My husband and I lived in Hanford, California for a few years. He was pastoring in a local church. Many members of his family still leave in and around Hanford.

We will be attending a big camp meeting in Hanford in July and staying at my sister-in-law's home in Selma, while we are there.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    My favorite snack is more of a drink- I'm a green smoothie girl! You can tailor the calories by putting different fruits and additions like protein powder, peanut butter, yogurt, etc. but the base of spinach, a banana, and water is only about 110cal. I'm not the kind of person who needs something to crunch on, though (I have jaw issues that prevent me from eating a lot of crunchy foods anyway) so my snacks are usually green smoothies or Luna bars. When I do want some crunch I have a few almonds or cashews.
  • tallmaclady
    tallmaclady Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Baked snap pea crisps, almonds, or popcorn.....
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely irrelevant, because I'll eat about anything.. But are you from Hanford??

My husband and I lived in Hanford, California for a few years. He was pastoring in a local church. Many members of his family still leave in and around Hanford.

We will be attending a big camp meeting in Hanford in July and staying at my sister-in-law's home in Selma, while we are there.

How nice! That's where I'm from so it obviously stuck out to me!
  • bigmickeylover
    bigmickeylover Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've recently gotten hooked on radishes again as well, I hadn't had them for a while. They're healthy and have a nice crunch to them. I also love munching on red bell peppers or cucumbers cut into spears. For a non veggie I like raw almonds and also keep some 100 calorie snacks in my desk drawer at work at all times.
  • Smdljwd
    Smdljwd Posts: 3
    Options
    Cucumbers, with hot sauce an lemon. I call it a Mexican cucumber, and just something I've had since being a kid. I'm getting sick of hard boiled eggs, but that is usually on my list of snacks.

I will def have to try your cucumber snack..
  • Gmtribble90
    Gmtribble90 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Well, here lately, I have been munching on 100 calorie Kudos bars, but I also like the laughing cow cheese, roasted vegetable ritz crackers (with or without the cheese), and popcorn with some curry powder and ground cinnamon sprinkled in (surprisingly good). Another good option that I used to eat a lot is "ants on a log", which is just celery with some peanut butter spread on it (in the crease) and raisins on top. A lot of people don't like the sound of it, but it's REALLY tasty :)
  • kw344
    kw344 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love my new favorite dessert. I have a plain greek yogurt with a table spoon of pure maple syrup. So delicious and you are getting lots of health benefits. After reading about maple syrup I think I should be adding it to my coffee. It's 150 calories.
  • amaranthine1018
    Options
    Stretch Island fruit leather (between 40 and 70 calories per serving) is fantastic. Fresh blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc. Granola bars (Quaker, Kudos, Nature Valley). Pretzels, either regular or flavored. Beef jerky and turkey jerky. Pistachios, peanuts. Goldfish and Cheez-Its are awesome. Fruit snacks.