I'm so lucky ! i found MFP. My six month progress

Options
neilvv
neilvv Posts: 146 Member
This site had helped me so much ! I have a great bunch of awesome inspirational friends on here and it's an absolutely amazing place to be. I love reading about how other like minded people are doing it pushes me harder and motivates me everyday i'm absolutely loving it here.
Back in October i weighed in at 252lbs and felt awful,i hated how i looked and i had no self confidence whatsoever. I didn't think that i ate much,certainly not enough to weigh 252lbs. I made the decision to go on a diet and luckily for me i found MFP on the app store and never looked back.
I was shocked when i started to log my food at what my daily calorie intake was,shocked enough to do something about it.
Over the next few weeks i was strict with my food and logged everything and sure enough the scale started to move downwards. I also introduced exercise and dusted off the treadmill that i had bought 3 years ago.
I started using the treadmill in October and managed a 5 minute slow jog at 6kmh. Over the next month i managed to last longer 6 mins then 7 then 10 and so on,by November i could jog on the treadmill for half an hour.
I then moved to outdoor running and it was a total shock sooo hard ! I stuck with it though focusing on distance rather than speed and month on month managed to vastly increase my stamina.
In December i introduced the 0-100 push ups program and weight lifting to my workouts alongside the running. I lost 9 lbs in December a month where i could have easily gained 9lbs.
January was great i was running further and faster and i could do 100 press ups. I continued to run lots also i joined the local Gym in March and started the Stronglifts 5x5 program. It's going well i'm on week 5 now and loving it.
I have about 5 to 10 pounds left to lose now judging by my body fat % and i plan to continue weight lifting using the stronglifts program maybe cutting back on the cardio as i lift heavier weights.
I'm looking for perfection now and as that will never happen i plan on giving it my best for a long time to come !
Thanks for taking the time to read my story so far !

Running achievements tracked with Nike+
2ilkifq.png

6 Month progress pic
rgzfk3.jpg

Replies

• lisabundy5
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations!

I LOVE the Nike running app too!!! Super motivational! Keep going! =)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Well, My, My..Look at you..
    I think your looking fab..
  • smileyk003
    smileyk003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding the motivation and doing so much for yourself with it!

Your fitness is certainly inspirational for those of us starting out back at square 1 - You look healthy and sound much happier.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to hearing how you are going in another 6 months, no doubt you will be in better shape than even now.

SmileyK.
  • shikaymaru
    Options
    Wow..just Wow... I envy your success.. you inspired me.. thanks for sharing :)
  • iluka52
    iluka52 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is an amazing adventure ou give inspiration to those who have just commenced our journey. Thankyou so much for sharing. I hope one day I can do the same.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Great thread, and awesome progress!!
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    You rock! Amazing results! Such an insperation! :flowerforyou:
  • Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!!

Very inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Very impressive results!! I think we are all lucky to have found MFP. Keep up the good work and you will surely find the "perfect" you are looking for.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    wow, very impresive
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    WOW, what a transformation! Congrats on all your hard work!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow this is awesome. Great job!
  • lainester
    lainester Posts: 46
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! I am so happy to have found the MFP site as well! I can't wait to sometime share my success! Congratulations to you!
  • Strawberryblonde123
    Options
    Incredible! What a true inspiration! Thanks for sharing :)
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Your progress is awesome! Thank you for sharing..Wow!
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    You look GREAT. AWESOME progress.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Your "runs" are amazing!! Look how fast you can run. Well done! Healthy & Fit.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Great job Neil! That is a complete transformation!

But really, we're lucky you found MFP too.

You are a very inspirational and supportive MFP friend!

You're especially inspirational for me - I have 10 lbs to go to match your "before" picture and it's inspiring to see how well you've done and to gain insight from your experience on what is, for me, the road ahead.
  • luv86elle
    luv86elle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What a transformation, you look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!