Replies

• abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    No. I consider that stuff poison.
  • jillwhite12
    jillwhite12 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I tried them a few years ago and I felt like my heart was gong to beat right out of my chest....it was the scariest feeling. I just kept talking and talking and was just bouncing off the walls... I flushed them away... I would definitely suggest staying away from any of those "diet pills"...
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    A big NAAAYY!!
  • rachelleighf
    Options
    I've never gained anything but shakiness and headaches from products like that. If you need a boost of energy have a coffee or espresso an hour before the gym. Real results come from real work! If products like these actually did good and worked everyone would be on them. Eat clean and stay active! You got this girl!!!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Nay, Diet and Exercise is the only way.
  • kdavis65738
    kdavis65738 Posts: 10
    Options
    Feb. 15th I decided enough was enough. I reached my highest ever on my weight of 288. I started taking hydroxycut as a boost to my diet and exercise program that I was going to be starting. I took them as the directions read.. but, started getting really jittery. I started having heart palpitations and my breathing became erratic. So, I cut back on the dosage. Eventually stopping entirely. After a few weeks, some research, and long talk with a good friend. i decided to start taking them again at a lower dosage than directed. Its been 75 days since I started my diet and exercise regimen and so far I have lost 51 lbs. It does give you a lot of energy. That's certain. Am I losing weight because of it? Most likely not. But having the energy does certainly help.
  • bdoug1234
    bdoug1234 Posts: 28
    Options
    Try drinking a pot of black coffee before you work out.

If you like the feeling and energy maybe energy pills are the answer.

Otherwise keep it simple eat right and exercise right(er) :)

Save your money and set a goal. Spend the saved money on a reward.
  • chesq77
    chesq77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    big nayyyyy! thats a quick fix, longterm fixes are best. besides diet and exercise try looking into intermittent fasting! could give you some articles if youd like... i recommend it to anyone trying to loose excess weight...all it really is, is schedualed eating..gives tremendous health benefits
  • affltmech
    Options
    As a Disabled Vet my MAIN issue, which was no fault of my own, is I lack the physical ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, squat, push, pull and the list could go on and on for longer than 15 minutes. If I extend my activity level which I do since being only 54 and unable to be active in sports I pay by being stuck in rest for sometimes up to 3 days. So IF I were to ask YEA OR NAY could I expect to read some remarks such as "just get out and put in the work" or "there are no shortcuts" and my favorite "if it worked there would be no fat people?" I currently find myself at 186 wanting to get down to 170 being realistic since my activity level is limited. My reason for asking is I am just getting out of hospital for some intestinal problems? Prior to my accident I was always fit, active and maintained weight of 145-150ish. After NUMEROUS surgeries over last 15 years I ballooned to 200 and stay around there until I started taking CUT about 8 months ago. What if any weight loss supplement could you suggest?
  • GSixZero
    GSixZero Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Coffee is cheap and tastes good. No need for pills.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Nay for diet pills. Yay for good old fashioned diet and exercise.:happy:
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I tried it this summer. It fueled my body to work out. It also sped up my heart rate (that was kind of scary lol). I lost 15lbs during the summer thanks to Hydroxycut Hardcore. I would suggest to try it. I've been considering going back to it at the beginning of the year.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Feb. 15th I decided enough was enough. I reached my highest ever on my weight of 288. I started taking hydroxycut as a boost to my diet and exercise program that I was going to be starting. I took them as the directions read.. but, started getting really jittery. I started having heart palpitations and my breathing became erratic. So, I cut back on the dosage. Eventually stopping entirely. After a few weeks, some research, and long talk with a good friend. i decided to start taking them again at a lower dosage than directed. Its been 75 days since I started my diet and exercise regimen and so far I have lost 51 lbs. It does give you a lot of energy. That's certain. Am I losing weight because of it? Most likely not. But having the energy does certainly help.

I totally agree with what ^ said. Hydroxycut will help give you the energy to workout (a good duration too). I as well took less than recommended for the same reasons. 2 pills a day was more than enough for me. It does help.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It probably has the exact same effects as a NoDoz does. It is just caffeine and some other stuff.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Green tea is good to start.
  • DamianRendon
    Options
    i use hydroxy cut but thats just me
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I took it before I got educated about weight loss. Made me shaky and sick, and I ended up having to eat more, not less, so I didn't feel so shaky and dizzy.
  • glinja
    glinja Posts: 51
    Options
    no, peple buy stuff like this as a magical elixer for weight loss. There is not short cut to fitness, only hard work, and sensible choices.
    Unless of course you go to the "dark side" of supplements, but that again is just cutting corners.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Downsides: money, potentially affects your health, probably affects your metabolism (not in a good way), nobody actually knows what's in it, probably doesn't do what it says on the bottle, 99/100 people who use this product grow horns out their foreheads.

Upside: you can stay awake all night thinking about how awesome it is that you are taking hydroxycut and it only costs 1/3 of your paycheck.

In my opinion it's a bro-science product aimed at gullible people who refuse to believe that weight loss can not be instant and permanent all at once. Save your money and just keep an eye on your calories and exercise - like, the regular, successful way to lose weight.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    As a Disabled Vet my MAIN issue, which was no fault of my own, is I lack the physical ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, squat, push, pull and the list could go on and on for longer than 15 minutes. If I extend my activity level which I do since being only 54 and unable to be active in sports I pay by being stuck in rest for sometimes up to 3 days. So IF I were to ask YEA OR NAY could I expect to read some remarks such as "just get out and put in the work" or "there are no shortcuts" and my favorite "if it worked there would be no fat people?" I currently find myself at 186 wanting to get down to 170 being realistic since my activity level is limited. My reason for asking is I am just getting out of hospital for some intestinal problems? Prior to my accident I was always fit, active and maintained weight of 145-150ish. After NUMEROUS surgeries over last 15 years I ballooned to 200 and stay around there until I started taking CUT about 8 months ago. What if any weight loss supplement could you suggest?

I suggest you start your own thread, people often do not read intermediate posts.
    If you are having intestinal issues that resulted in a hospitalization discuss all supplements with a clinician.

Personally, I would not recommend any. A few do work, but all have associated risks. No thanks. Calorie management, a level of activity that aligns with your ability, pain management is all I can suggest - also note that many of people here will not understand the issues related to your situation and you'll get all sorts of suggestions - look into PT work and their are some specific groups here that might be better suited for specific support and advice with someone with disabilities.