Looking for more heavy lifting mom friends!

Options
I just started NROLFW on Monday and I'm looking for more moms who lift heavy, not necessarily those who are doing that specific program ;)

I am a mom of six - 13 year old boy, 9 year old boy, 6 year old girl, 4 year old boy, and 2 1/2 year old twin boys. I started out at about a size 14 and now am an 8. I'm not so much worried about the # on the scale or my jean size, I just want to be ripped! And healthy of course.

I struggle with binging, I'll be honest - food is the area I suck at. I am really disciplined with my exercise but I haven't quite figured out how to be that way about food. Stress eater, emotional eater, whatever you want to call it, that's me.

Replies

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    Hello! My daughter is 3 and I am a good way through stage 1 of NROLFW. Yay, weights!
  • boflexn
    boflexn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, Im a mommy of 2', grandmother of 3,and retired 'natural'' professional bodybuilder,who still lifts heavy...
  • mrs_dwr
    mrs_dwr Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You sound a lot like me! I'm a little behind you, though, on the kid front. I'm 5 days away from delivering my 4th (a girl). I also have a 3 year old girl and 19 month old b/g twins. Once I'm given the all-clear from my doctor after this baby is born, I'm planning to start Stronglifts 5x5; in fact, my hubby and I are buying a power cage, oly bar, plates, etc this Saturday while the kids are with a babysitter :-) I also have NROL4W and have read through it a few times; Stronglifts just sounded simpler to implement in what I'm sure will be a hectic life for a little while. I plan on doing NROL after finishing Stronglifts. Before getting pregnant this time around, I was lifting 'heavier than I used to' with adjustable dumbbells but I'm looking forward to really challenging myself and getting really strong!

I'm also totally there with you regarding food. I've stopped tracking for the past few weeks of pregnancy; I've been eating whatever I usually eat (which isn't altogether unhealthy) but giving in to pregnancy cravings probably a little more than I ought.

Anyway, I'm adding you as a friend; hopefully we can encourage each other along the way!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request. I am a mom of one but own a daycare so I have 5 additional little ones to keep up with. I did the New Rules program last year starting in July and finishing in January this year. It changed my life. I love strength training!
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thanks for putting this post out there. I am a mom of 2 and new to MFP. I attend classes at the Y that incorporate strength training, but I know I can (and should) do more. I am just nervous about it.

Presently, I am pondering whether or not to get NROLFW. I checked it out on Amazon, and I wonder 'Is it for me?". I am 5 foot nothing and presently 201 lbs. I have been working out since September and changed my eating habits in late February. The weight is starting to come off, I feel stronger, clothes fit better, more energy, starting to actually have shape (a little bit) to my arms, etc. etc.

I guess, I am just nervous that I will be biting off more than I can chew with heavy lifting. Should I wait to start lifting until I have lost more weight?

SO...I might not be one of the moms for you to add, but I am intrigued by lifting and totally believe it will work; just nervous.

And, you and the other poster who is a grandmom: Awesome inspiration!!!