Calf pain

Options
mrswine
mrswine Posts: 263 Member
I am doing TurboFire, which is very high intensity, about 6 days a week. I also use resistance bands to strength train and do yoga around 5 times per week. Last week while doing TurboFire I started to get shin splints. They went away with a little rest and some yoga for runners. Now the past couple of days I have had pain in the outsides of my calves. Not my shins, or the backs... Just on the outsides of both legs. Feels like it wraps from the front near my knees all the way down the outsides to my ankles. What would cause this and how can I stop it? It's interfering with my workouts.

Replies

• pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    bump cause I am curious
  • dhbeefcake
    Options
    I had this when I first started my new bootcamp. Even though I was a runner, and had become accustomed to the impact, my bootcamp was on a cement floor (indoors) and entailed A LOT of jumping and higher impact than I was accustomed. My calves started to hurt also (like - bad!). My coach told me I had likely "just pulled them". I rolled them with both a foam roller and an Addaday Ultra Roller every night and after a couple of days, they felt much better. But I can still feel them "tweak" on days we do high impact (like jump rope on one leg), so I'm certain to stretch the heck out of my calves after those classes. But it did pretty much go entirely away and they did strengthen up. Hope this both helps and you feel better!
  • mrswine
    Options
    I had this when I first started my new bootcamp. Even though I was a runner, and had become accustomed to the impact, my bootcamp was on a cement floor (indoors) and entailed A LOT of jumping and higher impact than I was accustomed. My calves started to hurt also (like - bad!). My coach told me I had likely "just pulled them". I rolled them with both a foam roller and an Addaday Ultra Roller every night and after a couple of days, they felt much better. But I can still feel them "tweak" on days we do high impact (like jump rope on one leg), so I'm certain to stretch the heck out of my calves after those classes. But it did pretty much go entirely away and they did strengthen up. Hope this both helps and you feel better!

Thanks. I am planning some serious yoga for legs over the next several days. Hoping that takes care of the tightness and pain. Really weird that I have been doing turbofire for 4 months and it just now started happening :/. Thanks for the advice!
  • Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I had debilitating shin splints . Got fitted for the right shoes. Im an overpronater, pigeon toe. Was told asics nimbus gel 13 was.my shoe. I have not had a single shin splint since. Was to the point, that I thought I couldnt even go for walks. Good luvk
  • mrswine
    Options
    I had debilitating shin splints . Got fitted for the right shoes. Im an overpronater, pigeon toe. Was told asics nimbus gel 13 was.my shoe. I have not had a single shin splint since. Was to the point, that I thought I couldnt even go for walks. Good luvk

Thanks! Already decided that next week, I am definitely going to get new running shoes.