Too much protein?

tacrc1
tacrc1 Posts: 14
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
I had about 500 calories left at the end of the day, but went over in total protein by 12. Is that going to slow my weight loss?

Replies

• CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    No I wouldn't say so. Protein and Fiber is good to have a little extra of or so I hear. I don't mind when I go over on those. :wink:
  • mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    Depends if your going to the gym or exercising, muscles need protein to repair, I double my protein allowance most days and im still losing 1kg a week. Aslong as your not going over on carbs or fat i wouldnt worry.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    I was wondering about this too as my protein allowance is only 46 but I've read that to build lean muscle you need 1g per lb of body weight so mine should be 130g a day if I'm working out - is that right?
    -x-x-
  • mitze90
    mitze90 Posts: 19 Member
    Yeah that's right 1g for every 1lb you weigh, that said I've noticed some people mentioning you need to take your fat percentage out of the maths.
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Ah right, I hadn't heard that!

It's already hard for me to get 130g of protein anyway so don't mind bringing it down a bit haha! It would be interesting to know if this is right though :)
    -x-x-
This discussion has been closed.