rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    about Crossfit all those years ago lolz
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    How hard the overhead press is!?

I almost died trying to finish
    Like others have said, just take your time. It's a brutal lift, and one of those that's easy to hurt yourself with if you don't take your time and use proper form.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Start as low as you need to and slowly work your way up. OHPs are a really great way to show you how weak your upper body muscles really are.

It's a great lift, though, so don't quit on it. Just take it easy. I love me some OHP (and I'm probably the odd duck out there). I just made a decision to really take it slow, got me some fractionals to increase by a pound or two each week, and it'll take however long it'll take. Going to enjoy the journey so I don't start hating any of these lifts and end up quitting.

P.S. Don't let Mehdi's progress sheet boss you around. Go as slow as you need to. Progress is still progress.
    I love the OHP as well. Hit 130# on Wednesday, and really want to do 135# today, but I felt my body telling me to slow my roll. Gonna do a 20% deload and switch to an alternating schedule (been doing it 3 days a week). I guess we're just crazy :drinker:
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I agree its very hard. Of all the Stronglifts 5x5 exercises I think its safe to say that most of us stall on OHP first.
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    So glad it's not just me!! I literally get dizzy on my last few reps at times!