Implanon/Birth Control with Weight

Options
Hey ladies (and guys if you know about this):

I recently put implanon in and am scared about weight gain. My weight recently jumped 5 lbs (I had only lost 10 so far, so you can sense the disappointment) and I'm scared it will get worse.

I'm a little depressed at the moment about this, also I know I have eaten a little badly. Although not any worse that I usually do sometimes.

Also, I notice a change in my emotions, I feel a little supersensitive. And my cycle is a little...off and I've been spotting a bit.

Any ladies have advice on weight loss? Or that noticed these symptoms?

Thanks. And please be honest---if I'm just acting crazy let me know.

Replies

• jennymo81
    Options
    I've had implanon for a little over a year now, and I haven't noticed any drastic weight changes (I usually hover around +3 -3 pounds). As for the emotional part, I can't say that I experienced any extra moody times, but like you said everyone is different. The bleeding/spotting part, I was lucky at first and only had anything once every two months or so, but lately that's increased. I've read a lot of reviews and have seen that every person reacts a little differently. If it really bothers you I'd suggest calling your doctor.

Hope that helped
  • bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I got it back in January and I've been able to lose almost 20 lbs :smile:
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh okay! Thank you for the responses! If you are able to 20 lbs with it, then I can too!

And my emotions settled a bit, so hopefully it mellows out! :flowerforyou:
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Had mine for almost 3 years (nearly time to take it out!)

Ive been successful with my weight loss journey with it (-70lbs), however I am planning on taking a break from birth control for a couple months to see if my weight does change

through the whole 3 years I have never had a regular cycle, but mostly my periods are few and far between. I haven't had any periods this year, which is completely normal.
  • amiaow
    amiaow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I had it for 11 years and never gained weight because of it.
  • yasminara
    yasminara Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have been able to lose weight and stay fit, I guess I was just scared :)