Thoughts on high calorie but healthy foods?

Options
I eat healthy but looking at my food diary I see that some of my food is high calorie.
For example, my snack of Balkan yogurt, hemp hearts, flax seed and dash of maple syrup is over 250 cals! For that I could have an ice cream bar!!!

Replies

• BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with ice cream bars?
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I eat healthy but looking at my food diary I see that some of my food is high calorie.
    For example, my snack of Balkan yogurt, hemp hearts, flax seed and dash of maple syrup is over 250 cals! For that I could have an ice cream bar!!!

But it is much healthier than an ice cream bar. I don't even know what the first two ingredients are, but they sound healthy!
  • IcePrincesss
    Options
    I know what you mean, but the thing about your healthy snack is that it will keep you feeling full for longer and the other goodies in there have other health benefits. The ice cream would satisfy you for about 5 mins and then you'd be hungry again
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with ice cream bars?

everything in moderation...... if you want ice cream, have ice cream!

i am gluten free (otherwise i'll get HIVES... yuck) so there are certain things i can't eat but i eat chocolate pretty much every day.
    if not? I'd go crazy!! Just keep your calories appropriate and exercise and you should be able to enjoy the foods you like in moderation.

That said, your snack sounds pretty tasty. If you like it, enjoy!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, but the thing about your healthy snack is that it will keep you feeling full for longer and the other goodies in there have other health benefits. The ice cream would satisfy you for about 5 mins and then you'd be hungry again
    ^ This! Plus, when you eat full fat healthy food - your body uses those nutrients for ALL KINDS of great things (better skin, healthier organs, shinier hair, less clogged arteries, etc...) whereas with the ice cream bar your body just ends up having to process a bunch of sugar and you end up hungry in a half hour and sugar crashing!