Viewing my diary makes me feel more accountable

Options
I'm a former Weight Watcher and keeping a diary (or journal) was an important part of the weight loss journey. The difference between WW and MFP is your food diary was always private. Since I've chosen to let others review my diary it makes me feel a bit more self-conscious when I post something that I ate, especially when I'm over or it's something weird.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? I realize I have the option to keep it private but it doesn't see m fair since I do like to view others' diaries.

Replies

• learninmama
    learninmama Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't feel self conscious about it but I do feel like it holds me more accountable. I have actually stopped myself & made wiser choices because of MFP...I mean it's all laid out right in front of me & I have no excuses with having the phone app LOL.

Also who is to say your food choices are weird? We are all here for the same goal...to be healthier...however you can't be perfect & you have to give in to some of your cravings or you will fail. We all want to succeed so keep doing whatever you have to do ;)
  • smartin0181
    smartin0181 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    OH yes! I feel the same way. No matter what I always log what I eat. ALWAYS! It reminds me that tomorrow is a fresh start (that lovely green 1500). And I leave mine open as well. Its one of the main reasons I gained weight in the first place. So of course of want to be held accountable for what I put into my body, even if it is in the red. Some days are better than others. In the app version of MFP you can see what your weekly average is and that helps level out the high and low days. Good Luck!
  • fightingthefood
    Options
    I have a 32inch monitor screen in my kitchen so if I am cooking I can see the recipes from the stove. I have started leaving my food diary on the screen all day so when I think about eating something I shouldn't it is staring me in the face.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Keeping a diary is key. It will help you see what the really bad foods are, and what you can substitute. FOR INSTANCE....I no longer have white bread, OJ and pork sausage with breakfast...
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. The "what will my friends think"?! has saved me from plenty of oreo cookies.
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Oh yes. The "what will my friends think"?! has saved me from plenty of oreo cookies.
    :happy: