Eliminating Sugar?

Options
I've been on a plateau for quite some time and a woman who I follow on Instagram has recently eliminated sugar from her diet. This got me thinking that maybe I should give this a shot and see if it cant Rev things up for me. She has had great success with this in the past and already she is seeing great results. Has anyone else tried cutting out the majority of sugars and seen progress? I realize you cant cut out everything, but keep it to a minimum. I am alwaslys over on my sugar with fruits and yogurts. Today isn't the best example by looking at my diary because I splurged. Feel free to leave POSITIVE input. No need for negativity.

Replies

• kanvas92
    kanvas92 Posts: 7
    Options
    I've been on a plateau for quite some time and a woman who I follow on Instagram has recently eliminated sugar from her diet. This got me thinking that maybe I should give this a shot and see if it cant Rev things up for me. She has had great success with this in the past and already she is seeing great results. Has anyone else tried cutting out the majority of sugars and seen progress? I realize you cant cut out everything, but keep it to a minimum. I am alwaslys over on my sugar with fruits and yogurts. Today isn't the best example by looking at my diary because I splurged. Feel free to leave POSITIVE input. No need for negativity.

hello yes this is very much true. I'm not a big fan of sugar or candies etc. myself. SODAS ARE THE WORST, NO COFFEE FOR ME(I DONT LIKE IT) AND PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM JUICES EVEN IF THEY ARE 100% WHATEVR. THINK ABOUT IT HOW MANY ORANGES DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE A FULL GLASS CUP?ITS SO EASY TO CONSUME EXCESS CALORIES WITH JUICE.
  • spiritcentral
    spiritcentral Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Check out Eat to Live. I am doing that. No processed sugar (Fruit is allowed- as natural sugars are metabolized differently that processed sugar), no processed foods, no salt, no coffee, no meat, no dairy.. Basically just fruits and veggies. Also a few nuts and seeds an dried beans an a small amount of grains.
    It is hard to stay y on sometimes. The first 4 days are hell. You can get headaches from he sugar, salt, caffeine reduction, but after day 4 it is over. Lost 7 lbs in the last 11 days. I feel SOOO much better, My energy is way up.

You could also just do a reboot cleanse, which is a type of juice fast, that works good too to get rid on sugar and toxins and kick you past a plateau. I did that last year and was surprised to find when I went back to regular food, none of the weight came back.

There are lots of options to cut our excess sugars.
  • spiritcentral
    spiritcentral Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I should add, the juice fast, you use veggies, and make it fresh in a juicer. Not the horrible bottled stuff.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Check out Eat to Live. I am doing that. No processed sugar (Fruit is allowed- as natural sugars are metabolized differently that processed sugar), no processed foods, no salt, no coffee, no meat, no dairy.. Basically just fruits and veggies. Also a few nuts and seeds an dried beans an a small amount of grains.
    It is hard to stay y on sometimes. The first 4 days are hell. You can get headaches from he sugar, salt, caffeine reduction, but after day 4 it is over. Lost 7 lbs in the last 11 days. I feel SOOO much better, My energy is way up.

You could also just do a reboot cleanse, which is a type of juice fast, that works good too to get rid on sugar and toxins and kick you past a plateau. I did that last year and was surprised to find when I went back to regular food, none of the weight came back.

There are lots of options to cut our excess sugars.

Hmmm I will look into that. Not sure if I could cut out meat, but sounds interesting. Thanks!
  • jfaironair
    jfaironair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Funny you're posting this I'm thinking about trying sugar busters. A friend of mine lost a good amount of weight and I want to try it.