Insanity Question

Options
Today I'm not feeling well but it's not my usual day off for the week. I have been going by the schedule and taking off Saturday's after working out the six days in a row Sunday-Friday. My question is I'm not feeling well today and I'm wondering if it's okay to swap days. I'm thinking taking today as my rest day and then working out Saturday to make up for it. Does this effect the results? Is it going to make a difference to not be doing the six days straight before having the rest day?

Replies

• bear_28
    bear_28 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had experienced the same thing. Swapped the days due to a group outing. Its okay to do so. You're still on track. Listen to your body. It's all for the long haul. That's what matters. :wink:
  • mals30
    mals30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! I completed my first round of Insanity last spring and am currently almost finished with Month 1 of my second round. Last time around I did swap my days off...as long as I got all the workouts in for the week, it was all good. I lost weight and toned up...and felt stronger inside and out. Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    sometimes you just have to change things a little to make it work for you.. If I know ahead of time, I might double up in one day so I get them all in and get that extra rest day or I swap out my rest days..

the schedule isn't written in stone. Cardio recovery is easy enough to a double up on to get you caught up.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    The days aren't in a magically arranged formula. If you need to swap days, or take an extra day off, it won't affect the results. It'll just be a day off. If you aren't feeling well, give your body the rest it needs
  • sarahruizfitnessjourney
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your responses. I feel much better about swapping now. I was just worried there was some magical arrangement with Insanity that swapping days would mess up my results. I ended up taking yesterday off instead of Saturday. So I will hit it hard today and Saturday ending the week with six workouts and only one day off still. =)