Is it bad?

Options
Is it bad to exercise everyday?

Replies

• boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    Options
    It depends on the kind of exercise you do, but generally no it is not bad to do it every day, as a matter of fact it is quite good.
  • crking
    crking Posts: 175
    Options
    it isn't necessarily bad for you BUT you need to give your body a rest! It is possible to over work yourself.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I do!!! And after about 11-13 days I try to workout and my body doesn't have enough energy. It's true. I do try to do something active everyday. Walking on your off days is a good idea.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer or exercise scientist, but I'd say that it's not a bad thing at all...unless you don't listen to your body and give it rest when it's telling you it needs it. I usually exercise 7 days a week, but my exercise differs in intensity and type.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm not a trainer or exercise scientist...

Exercise scientist made me giggle. :)
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've been told that cardio everyday is fine, but you should give muscles a 24 hour rest between weight training. So if you want to weight train everyday, alternate upper and lower.
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    I think it's great as long as ou're doing some different things. Run one day, bike the next, yoga the next, play a sport the next, etc. etc.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My mentality is: I do something everyday on the off chance I won't get the opportunity to do something one day i.e. I have to work late or I have an after work function.

I don't go crazy bananas insanity 7 days a week. On what would be my "off day" I do a pilates or yoga class or I do something more low impact for my joints cause this gal ain't getting any younger