Help, cant get my head in the right place!!!

Options
Having trouble getting my head in the right place. The food is the problem. I can exercise, I have that right. How do you say no??? I have a bit too lose, anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    QUOTES
    I use them all the time to keep me on track,

"If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

"One day I'll comfortably sit and look back at all the ups, and all the downs, and smile knowing that I achieved what I set out to. Blood, sweat & tears. It's all a part of the journey. "

"Do not be discouraged by who you are at present. Be motivated by who you WILL become in the future"

add me if you need a friend
  • ylandra
    ylandra Posts: 5
    Options
    I started paying attention to how certain foods make me feel. Not while I eat them, but afterwards. Then I remember those feelings and before I eat something, I ask myself how it made me feel the last time I ate it.

The other thing that has helped me is the Mio water additives. I drink a lot of fluids anyway, but I like flavors. I do _not_ like the aftertaste that aspartame/nutrasweet has (not everyone notices it but I do). Mio uses sucralose which is the sweetener in splenda. The only drawback I've found with it is that you'll be going along and then all of a sudden a few hours later you'll get this sudden sensation of "sweet" in your mouth out of nowhere. Doesn't happen often, and since I have a twisted sense of humor I think it's hilarious when it does happen.

I'm learning how to cut my portion sizes down. I grew up in Western Maryland where plates were big and piled high. It's no wonder each person in the family weighs enough for 3 people - we certainly ate enough for 3 people growing up. Retraining my brain that I really can just eat that little bit of food and it will be enough is my challenge.
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    .Thanks for the advice :)