4 months later....

Options
And I am now officially 2.5 lbs heavier than when I started. *sigh*

I am broke but I am contemplating going back to the money-taking Weight Watchers. Seemed like the only thing that helped m e in the past but then again I think its the whole entering in your food intake that just doesn't do it for me.

Having to log in everything for a few months is temporarily exciting and yes I lost about 10 lbs (some water weight) but a little over a month later I have put back on 12 lbs. I even split my pants, broke my zipper and popped a button last week.

I need to get my head back in the game or soon I will be this really short (4'10) already naturally curvy woman at 200 lbs.

Replies

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    And I am now officially 2.5 lbs heavier than when I started. *sigh*

I am broke but I am contemplating going back to the money-taking Weight Watchers. Seemed like the only thing that helped m e in the past but then again I think its the whole entering in your food intake that just doesn't do it for me.

Having to log in everything for a few months is temporarily exciting and yes I lost about 10 lbs (some water weight) but a little over a month later I have put back on 12 lbs. I even split my pants, broke my zipper and popped a button last week.

I need to get my head back in the game or soon I will be this really short (4'10) already naturally curvy woman at 200 lbs.
  • backontrac
    backontrac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just left weight watchers.. it was too confusing..FLEX PLAN..CORE PLAN..FAST START..Free ... points..my oh my
    I'm the simple kinda girl..what does it cost me to eat this?? more exercise..thats all there is to it.
    No matter what program you use..it all amounts to how much goes in your mouth and how much you burn up...
    You can eat what ever you want ..its all PORTION CONTROL...
    track those foods..WHY spend 40 to 50.00 a month on weight watchers?? THIS IS FREE..and its available 24/7. There is always someone here to help !!!
    I wish you luck in what ever you decide to do.
    REMEMBER..we are still here..!!!
    Hugs to You..
    :flowerforyou:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    when you're doing the calorie counting what kind of foods are youe ating? i relaised that I was still eating bad foods, just less of them and I wasn't losing. Once I started substituting healthier foods, not only have a lost more weight but i also get to eat much more! Good luck in whatever you decide to do! (Oh and if you want to do weightwatchers, you could always do the online plan, i think it's cheaper cause you don't pay for meetings)
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    dulc,

Weight watchers isn't going to do anything that you can't do on here, the only thing they do for you is pre-measure out your food and give you a regimen and a way to count calories (points), and a forum for discussion and advice (sound familiar :wink: ). Don't get me wrong, WW is probably the best of the "diet" programs out there, and I have absolutely nothing against them, but if you want to, we can give this another shot (1 more try), and we can try to help you with your nutrition, and exercise.

Let me know, I'll help you with every bit of knowledge that I have. I'm confident, if your willing to stick to it, we will see progress.
    If your willing, first thing we need to do is examine not just how much, but what you eat and when. Also, I know you have posted this before, but lets do it again, what are your numbers? Weight, height, activity level, exercise per week. Give us 1 more month and if it still doesn't work for you then, I'll be the first to tell you to go for it with WW (although I would prefer you go to a nutritionist and certified trainer for a session each, they will cost you a lot less in the long run).

-Banks
  • dulceluva
    Options
    Hey. Sorry for the delay. I was exhausted and then didnt get time to go on this thing during work.

I don't want to spend the money at Weight Watchers (and, yes, the online program was what I did). It gave me results that I kept off for about 2 years and then quickly gained it all, within one year, I gained about 50 lbs...well...more like in 6 months i gained 45 lbs. :tongue:

I think the old motto stays true here. You need to love yourself first and that is why I continue to fail. I think I will always look in the mirror and not be satisfied and its not entirely physical.

I dont think I lack the knowledge, w e all claim we know what to do but we choose not to do it. I should know better than sone about nutrition\... I took nutritional biology in College and that kicked started me into eating VERY healthy

I am not one of those people who sticks to exactly 1200 calories, I eat more or less (within 100 cals). And depending on the time of exercising, I might or might not eat some of my calories burned. I ate healthy for so long that its not like I binge on fast foods. I hate pop. I dont even use sugar (honey or sweetener). I have 1-2 apples a day, 1-2 yogurts a day, each morning I eat whole grain oatmeal, I have my baby carrots as snacks. At lunch its some form of salad like spinach, romaine, with my portioned out protein. I rarely use dressing and if i do its that low calories Roasted Red Pepper with Parmeasean.

For Dinner I make my own butternut squash soups, cabbage soups, I snack on edamames, I eat fish a lot (but portioned), I haven't had potatoes in over 3 months. I make beans salads and I do treat myself with dark chocolate --- I have a scale and I do measure out my portions.

I just feel like my body can't do this anymore. The lbs were melting off before when I did the same as above with little exercise might I add. I find exercising is just a terrible fete. With Fibro, I wake up each morning feel like I got hit by a truck. I have to give myeslf a huge pep talk to just go down to the gym.

But I do it. The only machine I can use for more than 20 mins without being in pain is the Crosstrainer. I can go on that for 60-100 mins 5x a week and burn up to 700 calories a day.

My "in 5 weeks you'd weigh" shows a realistic figure that I am quite happy with but I guess the scale is just another story.

So my numbers? Can't remember my sizes but its aroiund somewhere.

Weight: 174 (2 lbs heavier than when I started).
    Height: 4'10 (really short) - wide hips, naturally big butt with curvature of the spine.

Prior to buying my home, I was doing Yoga 4-5x a week and would do home DVDs. Now I do my crosstrainer 5x a week like I stated.

I contemplate getting a trainer but I used to work in a gym for 4 years. they work you hard and most off them cannot relate to "Fibromyalgia"...you know that pain where 1/2 the world thinks you are faking it and the other 1/2 are suffering from it. They have always trained me so hard that I would leave in pain and fear returning.

Same with yoga. Very last day of my prepaid year. I feel and bruised my ankle that I couldn't walk for weeks.
  • littlespoon
    littlespoon Posts: 165
    Options
    I have to say that I disagree with you Banks and backontrac,

I counted calories on here since October last year with very little progress. I started WW 3 weeks ago and have started losing at a steady rate. I dont know why that is, but it is, so i guess different things work for different people.
    I didnt pay for WW, you can find ALL the info online if you do a search. If anyone wants the links, I am happy to message them to you.
  • dulceluva
    Options
    lol I know you don't have to pay. I also found and secretively tallied up my ww-friendly resources but even those didn't seem to help me out greatly. There aws just something about the convenience and very broad online resource that helped me out greatly.
  • shellynbuzz
    Options
    What do you mean you don't have to pay for WW? I'd like to have those links......:happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    dulce,

I hear you with your fibro troubles, I really do. Have you been put on meds for this condition? Many of the meds have weight gain as a side effect. So that's something to consider, and to take into consideration.

Also, something that my doctor once said to me made all the difference with my working out. "your muscles will hurt, but they won't be hurt." I know it sucks to live with pain. And, you're right, I've yet to find a personal trainer that understands fibro.

All that aside, you need to find what works for you. A naturopath or a nutritionist might have a lot of help to offer you with fibro. I've been able to discontinue all of my meds (we're talking about 12 pills a day here) since making some dietary changes.

OK, that's all.:flowerforyou:
  • dulceluva
    Options
    :smile:

Yea I am taking my meds. Just something I gotta do and i am not trying to blame variables. I rather blame myself for all of this excess weight.

Sometimes I feel like a lost cause. I have the knowledge, the determination but my inner person just deters me. Some people overcome what cons they have been given and others like me bask in it and let it control my life.
  • banks1850
    Options
    I have to say that I disagree with you Banks and backontrac,

I counted calories on here since October last year with very little progress. I started WW 3 weeks ago and have started losing at a steady rate. I dont know why that is, but it is, so i guess different things work for different people.
    I didnt pay for WW, you can find ALL the info online if you do a search. If anyone wants the links, I am happy to message them to you.

Hey, it's true, what works for some, may not work for others. And if WW is free, then I've no issue with it. I was under the impression (it was when my wife was doing it) that going to the meetings cost money, and buying their meal is a little expensive, that's all I was talking about.
    Dulc, I have really no experience with Fibro, and am to zonked to look it up on NEJM today (that site is great, but it's very technical and I'm just tired right now), so in that respect, I'll defer to you and your doctors and anyone else who has experience.
    If you know what you need to do, then I won't try pushing you. If WW is what you want to do, go for it, we are still here for you if you need support or advice or just want to vent.
    :flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    hey..I can only imagine how discouraged you must be feeling. Have you tried shocking your system? I am reccomended 1300ish calories a day, but I'll go under by 100 one day, and over by 200-300 another day. Also, if you're eating the same foods all the time, maybe your body is too used to them? I don't know, but I find my weight loss seems to slow when I get into a rut of eating the same things everyday. I am not a nutritionalist, so don't be mad at me if I'm wrong, but maybe you could try changing what u eat. Like if you eat a lot of vegetables everyday, maybe try cutting back a bit on those and eating more lean protein and whole grain for a day or two. I wouldn't say cut out the veggies obviously, but maybe adding more variety will help you get your body back in the weight loss groove. Good luck, don't give up, you are not a lost cause! You can do this :)
  • dulceluva
    Options
    :smile:

Thanks. I am trying a lot of things right now. Going to try and Feng Shui up my place and just give my entire life an overhaul. trying to find a new job and perhaps, I am emotionally eating because of it.

Yes, even at times, I am NOT eating. lol I do exercise, I do. That I can say with certain.

Bank....weight watchers is not free but the people who have done the online programs have kind of outsourced. People creating things, spreadsheets, calculators, journals that mimick the program without it coming out of your credit card :wink: But it will never duplicate the vast quantity of information, products, NI.

I am just trying to find excuses to lose this weight. It could be so may outside factors right now.

I am sure its more psychological than anything. And don't misunderstand me. I am pretty sure I know what to do to lose this weight... eating healthy (which I did for a good 5 years with 'cheat days') and exercising. I have done it before and it wasn't that hard which therefore is the reason I am beating up on myself now. I still can't believe that i left myself gain this much weight in a very short amount of time.

The disgust I have toward my bad decisions is probably why I am failing at this new lifestyle I am trying to live.

thanks everyone.

Goign to the gym now.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Stick with it my dear! You'll get over this little slump, everyone has em. And when you do, I'm sure you'll do better then ever!