To add or not to add...

Options
BrunetteWife
BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
SO I recently started a new job, currently it's cashiering/floor associate/etc. I changed my daily activity type to being on my feet some of the day, but, should I add 'standing' to my exercise each day or is that already figured in? I did have it set as hardly ever on my feet and I didn't have near the calories to burn as I do now, but I really don't know if I should add standing with the rest of my exercises, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't................but that is just me. Exercise includes increase in heart rate.
  • slegris
    slegris Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree with kellygirl5538. Consider it a bonus...
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    OK, well then I guess the question now is, is that kind of activity calculated into the style of daily activity? Just curious :)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I realize there is considerable fatigue involved, but just being on your feet all day doesn't really increase your caloric expenditure all that much, especially after you get used to the new routine. If there is a lot of walking involved, that is different, but I still would not add it as a separate input. Look at it as a gift--a bonus that will help you reach your goals.
  • ladysatin
    ladysatin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    no its included in your daily burn total. dont add it as separate exercise. standing does change your daily calorie burn. thats why it asks what type of job you are doing daily. at the end of the week, its just extra calories that are being burned off.
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Well, thanks all, I thought I was doing it right and I was :) Thanks again and good luck to you all on your journies!!