Flag football

ccgisme
ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi All,

I just started playing in a flag football league tonight. We got totally outclassed in our first two games. :explode: Anyone happen to have a playbook or strategies for four on four flag football that they'd like to share?

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd try! :happy:

Thanks,
Chris

Replies

• rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I was in your shoes just a few years ago. We joined one and got it handed to us starting out. By the end of our 2nd season we made it all the way to the semifinals.
    Here’s some tips

1. Watch the other teams that are good. Look for the plays they use.
    2. Crossing patterns work. Conversely on “D”, have your D-backs take whoever comes to them, don’t cross with the receivers.
    3. Take what the defense gives you.
    4. If you have a mobile QB, make use of snapping the ball to a “back” and handing it to the QB so he can run(assuming your rules are like the ones I played under)
    5. Put your guys where they are best suited. Sounds simple, but not always easy.
  • ccgisme
    ccgisme Posts: 239 Member
    Thanks for the tips, Rybo. Sounds like we're on the right track with our strategy. Crossing patterns were the first thing I picked up on from the team that beat us 55 to 6... :noway: We've been doing man coverage on D, but have had some success with a zone d and plan to mix things up. We met a few days after those first two losses and came up with a few standard plays that we can run along with some variations. Which reminds me I need to study my playbook... :laugh:

Our rules for four on four state that you can only pass to advance the ball over the line of scrimmage. Hopefully the next two games on Tuesday will bring some improvement. :happy:
This discussion has been closed.