Some friendly tips & advice please (Am i doing this right??)

Options
Hi guys, some advice please?

First, here’s my stats:
Height : 5’4
Weight : 168.1
Activity Level : Desk job (I try to do 30min cardio 3x week).

Other stats (are these right?):
BMR : 1510
TDEE : 1812
-20% : 1450

Weight loss :
Week1 - 11/03 - 174.7 (start weight)
Week2 - 18/03 - 172.7
Week3 - 25/03 - 170.3
Week4 - 01/04 - 169.4
Week5 - 08/04 -169.2
Week6 - 18/04 - 168.1
Week7 - 25/04 - 168.1 (current weight)

Daily routine :
Breakfast : Banana smoothie (1 banana, 1 raw egg & 250ml full cream milk) then weetbix & milk = 575cal
Lunch : 4x dry provita bisquits = 85cal
Dinner : plate of chicken salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, feta & grilled chicken strips) = 412cal
Drinks : 5x cups of coffee = 240cal
Water : 1.5 to 2L
Total = 1312cal
I sometimes leave it at that, or add a glass of wine or a handful of nuts to reach 1450cals.
^
This is my strict weekday-routine. Weekends are completely different, but I always try and keep it to 1450cals at the end of the day.

I started off with doing the 1200cals (or less) a day like most of the "noobs" on this site does :laugh: did some reading and realized that it was totally wrong, so i adjusted my settings & added the extra calories.

My question is, is this “routine” ok?
Also, even though I lost 6.6lb in 7weeks (which I guess most of is from water loss anyway) I feel like it’s going a bit slow? Or am I completely rushing this? As you can see, some weeks I kind of stand still, then I lose a few the next week.

Please guys, I am completely new to this, and would really love some advice.
Thanks!
xxx

Replies

• davekang
    davekang Posts: 18
    Options
    Well done, it seems like you weight is coming down nice and steady.

The questions is, are you seeing the results in your clothes and the mirror?
  • pwen1988
    pwen1988 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    I should actually start measuring myself, but i feel so much better. Personally, I don't notice any change physically, though I managed to fit into a pair of jeans that i could't close the buttons of before.
  • davekang
    davekang Posts: 18
    Options
    Thank you!
    I should actually start measuring myself, but i feel so much better. Personally, I don't notice any change physically, though I managed to fit into a pair of jeans that i could't close the buttons of before.

Then thats your measurement, well done, especially for getting a glass if wine into your macros lol
  • pwen1988
    Options
    holy cow, that's like the hardest thing to try and cut out :tongue:
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am going to say you don't have the best routine...

Drinking 240 cals worth of coffee and your lunch consists of dry crackers... oO girl... don't drink your calories, eat consistently throughout the day! an 85 kcal lunch is NOT enough! Your breakfast and diner do sound good to me.
  • pwen1988
    Options
    thanks squatsandlipg! any suggestions what i can add to the lunch instead of the coffee then?
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like, girl!! :) You seem to have a pretty good idea of what healthy foods are (when I look at your breakfast and lunch). Try a soup, smoothie, shake, oatmeal, fruits, veggies, whole wheat english muffin with melted cheese or whatever :) Just make sure you eat more than your 85 kcals! Otherwise you're doing great :)
  • pwen1988
    Options
    naww, thank you! will definitely add something to the crackers :flowerforyou:
  • pwen1988
    Options
    I've hit a platue! :explode: and have been stuck at 168 for almost a month now. My routine is still the same, but I recently started doing the 30DS and dropped Zumba. I do this daily now. I realy don't know what to do. I don't have the strongest will power to begin with, and this is certainly starting to get me down.