I need a SPONSER for night time cravings!!!!!

Options
As I sit here I so badley want to go and snack- I have drank 2 big glasses of water in the last 2 hours and I still feel hungry like I'm fiending for the taste of the food that I know is in there and I really don't want to add anymore food to my diary today! Yes I have some healthy food, but I want to get past this craving!!!!! It is so bad at night, and ruins my whole day .....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    Break the habit by doing something different. I crave at night and I find I must do something else than sitting and relaxing and watching tv.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I used to be in that same habit, having to eat before I went to sleep. Replace it with something else, read a book, watch TV, knit. I started to knit to chill out before bedtime.
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I used to be in that same habit, having to eat before I went to sleep. Replace it with something else, read a book, watch TV, knit. I started to knit to chill out before bedtime.

Keep your hands and mind busy with something else.:wink:
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Brush your teeth after eating. You will be less likely to want to snack in the evening (don't want to get your teeth dirty again).

I have also found that eating 6 small meals a day (I break my breakfast into 2 meals, but have it under 1), I am less likely to snack in the evening. Full from my day.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Ultimately cravings are sugar related and habitual. Trust me as I write this I sometimes feel like getting my jaws wired! However two little tricks taught to me that do work (sometimes) are: whole grain melba spread with almond butter, or heat up one tablespoon of peanut butter in microwave and dip sliced apples into it. ( the heating of the pb sounds looney but it gives it much of treaty feeling) In both cases the nuts, most remarkably the almonds level out your sugar levels and help to curb your craving. If you are allergic to nuts well your cravings are the least of your worries. I have this other indulgence that I have concocted to get me through those moments I take cozy shack rice pudding about a quarter of a cup and combine it with 1-1.5 cups of frozen blueberries (organic ) I mix this up sometimes I eat it frozen if my cravings are at the psychotic level or I'll let it sit to get more room temperature. So you get the sweetness and the rich creamy fairly low fat, calcium rich pudding with the anti-oxident super food in the blueberries. It is pretty guilt free but packs a lot of flavour! It is a sad thing to say but I would be a lousy pick for your sponser as I would offer support but probably be indulging in an oreo flurry at the time! But I am with you in spirit!:drinker: